Firefighter should be shot

TimTaylor751647545500

What a POS :mad:

(CNN) -- An Ohio firefighter faces jail time and may lose his job for shooting his two dogs to death rather than pay to board them while he went on a cruise.

Columbus firefighter David P. Santuomo, 43, took Sloopy and Skeeter to his home's basement, suspended them from a pipe near the ceiling and fired at least 11 shots from a .22-caliber rifle fitted with a homemade silencer, Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney Ron J. O'Brien said.

Santuomo then wrapped the carcasses in plastic and dumped them in a trash bin behind Firehouse 27, where he worked, O'Brien said.

His attorney sounds like a real winner as well.

Santuomo's attorney said that his client is remorseful over his actions and that people need to temper their outrage. "It's the same old story. They couldn't care less about people and they love animals," lawyer Sam Shamansky said

EDIT: I guess the link would help - http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/firefighter.kills.dogs/index.html

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder

I miss the good old days when your local fireman was like a super hero rescuing kittens from trees and puppies from culverts. I hope there isn't a call he is sent out on and he gets the notion mid-firefight to shoot the kids stuck up in their bedroom because it was more convenient for him, instead of doing what is right. Karma is a bitch, his justice is yet to come.

"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led diffcult lives and led them well."

T. Roosevelt

I remember when this happened a while back. I take our recycling to that station where he worked and dumped the dogs in their trash. I'm glad I didn't find them.

He is one dumb and insane MF'er. Should have lost his job ASAP.

Shamansky lol

SAM is the best ... he will get off easy. Sad to say.

Seems Shamansky represents quite a few low-life Columbus Metro scumbags...

I'm sure that is just skimming the top of the pond...I would be willing to bet there are some others lurking in the depths.

I dont know what you guys are crying about. Dogs get this all the time on farms. Minus the hanging of them.

how many farm dogs get shot because of the owner going on vacation? This case is kinda old news. it is just now hitting the national news. i have a issue with people like him, not ok in my book.

tom

I dont know what you guys are crying about. Dogs get this all the time on farms. Minus the hanging of them.

This might be justifiable if the dog was injured and in constant pain with no way of recovering. I could see that happening on a farm. But doing it because they didn't want to take them to a dog sitter is not right. This person doesn't deserve to own a dog if that was his only reason reason.

And wow guys, I love animals too, but...

These dogs lived a better life than living wild in the streets, and were killed apparently quickly... So why are you people not outraged that there are probably hundreds of dogs that die of hunger every week, instead of condemning someone with way too many adjectives when you only know the story that you saw on an online news site?

Umm no. Many farmers spend more on their animals than you do on cars.

This might be justifiable if the dog was injured and in constant pain with no way of recovering. I could see that happening on a farm. But doing it because they didn't want to take them to a dog sitter is not right. This person doesn't deserve to own a dog if that was his only reason reason.

+1. Hey if they were at the end of their life then... do what you got to do (although I probably would not elect to pump them full of lead in the basement). I think this fella had a serious lack of judgment.

At any rate if they are old, suffering, and their time is "up".... a back yard, a last good bye, and a bump on the noggin with a hammer will do the job.

I apologize for being morbid (if this offends anyone).

Only the animals that make money. Otherwise old yeller goes for his final hunting trip.

Wrong. Many of the people that spend the most on dogs are farmers. I think you are confusing "farmer" with "hillbilly"