Anyone live near Marion?

nurkvinny

Ummm yeah, this is the dick bag that fucked me on my engine in my boat. Ill be getting ahold of him now that I know hes back in town.

..sucks to hear. care to tell the story so people in the future dont get scammed or screwed?

..sucks to hear. care to tell the story so people in the future dont get scammed or screwed?

His name is Brian Knight. He is the one that led the restoration on my boat through the several different companies that worked on it, with him doing the engine aspects of it.

Long story short(believe me this REALLY is the short version), I bought all new parts for a block he said was "fresh from the machine shop" and he was to build the engine with all my performance parts. The engine was finished in the winter of 07/08 so I could not put it on the lake and test it, but on the hose it sounded great, so I paid for that portion. :gtfo:

After that appeared to be a relatively easy process I decided I was restoring the whole boat. All the work the other shops did like the paint and interior etc came out great. Then I decided I would upgrade the electronics and have him do that part. Towards the end of this part he stopped returning calls and made up all kinds of lies about when it would be ready. Then I finally hear from some of my people he is up in jail. This really pisses me off and worries me at the same time since my boat is up sitting in his shop and I have no idea what he is in jail for. I decide I am going up and repo-ing my own boat and having the gauges and other misc things finished up by someone else.

Now comes this past Memorial Weekend, this was the first time I had this engine he built on the water. For some reason it would not get up on plane and would break up higher in the RPM range. I this time took it straight to the pros at Total Marine Performance. They run a compression test for me and find water and oil in the cylinders and the compression ranges from around 90 - 150. Now keep in mind EVERY part in this engine is brand new bought by me at Jegs and delivered to him to put in the fresh block.

I know that was a long read, but that's where I am now with the situation. For now I am doing the legal process and we will see where that goes. If nothing comes out of it there, I will go retrieve my money. When I found out all of this I called him and his wife claimed he left town after all of his trouble and all of his listings disappeared from craigslist. I'm glad this got posted so now I know he is back - if he ever even left.

goodluck man. sucks your not able to get on the water. ha you can borrow my jet ski an have some fun..

sorry for the offtopic but this was a good off topic. could warn possible buyers of shady seller .

Yes, especially in this case since some of his legal troubles, I'm finding out now, are from receiving stolen property.

Thanks for the offer on the ski, I'm not too sure what I'm going to do at this point. I have son due in mid August so that will kinda kill my boating time anyway by the time I get it fixed. So, I will probably just have it winterized for now and fixed over the winter or spring time.

Edited by FormulaMatt

He Matt I am from Marion originally I have some friends up that way who can "find people" I will PM you my number if you want me to find this guy let me know. I think I may have went to school with this guy. I will pm you more info.