Blue Jackets...

HotCarl

I know, there are plenty of haters on this board. But after the aquisition of Pahlsson as a shutdown 3rd line center and Garon as a competant backup goalie to Mase, who isnt excited about this upcoming season?!

Yeah yeah yeah, OSU BUCKEYES YEAH LETS GO BLAH BLAH BLAH, Im a buckeye fan but ive been following the Jackets for a while now and im legitamatly excited for whats in the future for us. We've got alot of blue chip talent that every other team in the league wants but thankfully we have a trusted a patient GM in Howeson that wont make irrattional decisions like a 'former' gm who will go unnamed...ummm dougy mcclain anyone? All we need now out of the trade pool is a puck moving defensemen who is preferably right handed (Van-Ryn out of Toronto comes to mind) and we'll be set to make another playoff run.

Out of the years the Jackets have been in the leauge I think we've become the butt of many jokes but i honestly think thats about to change and i'll be the first to say it, stanley cup finals within the next 5 years garanteed.... take it to the bank punks.

I was really surprised by some of their acquisitions. Pahlsson is a fairly big name and adding another Cup winner to the roster (albeit a back-up goalie at the time) will help them hopefully reach the playoffs again and at least stick around a bit longer. The group of centers is really getting stronger, with Brassard coming back (i think?) and Vermet and Pahlsson there. I'm excited to see them in action, but I'm excited to see the season start every year.

Oh and must I forget, signing Nash to an extended 8 year deal that will keep him in the Cbus for the prime of his career, we've definitly got some momentum going into the 09-10 season folks.

I cannot express how worried I was that they'd balk at his price tag. Color me immensely happy.

If Mase turns out to be the real deal and not just a one hit wonder, I think were in a real good place. The player to watch next year is Brassard though. Losing him is what killed our chances to go deep (or at least not play the wings in the first round).

The player to watch next year is Brassard though. Losing him is what killed our chances to go deep (or at least not play the wings in the first round).

He'll be a beast next year. He's already had that surgery before, just hope he doesn't injury it again or that might be his career.

I'm most excited to see Filatov out there. I'd pay big money to see a Filatov-Brassard-Vorachek w/ Russell-Moore and Mason. Oh, so money.

I cannot express how worried I was that they'd balk at his price tag. Color me immensely happy.

While the Jackets are a budget team not a cap team i knew Howeson was willing to pay whatever Nash was worth to keep him. He even said so earlier int he offseason that his number one priority was to resign Nash and he didnt care if he had to offer a 12 year deal to do it. Then again Nash gave up some bargaining ground when he admitted to loving the team and the city and not wanting to leave. All in all it was a quick process and glad to say he's wear blue for the next 8 years.

Id say we were really weak up the middle last year but with Brassard back and healthy (rumor is he put 13lbs on in the offseason) Vermette and a great top of the line shutdown center in Pahlsson we're looking good. I just hope Mason's sophmore slump isnt THAT bad, thankfully he'll get much more needed rest than he did last year when we didnt have a competant backup. Still need a right handed puck moving defensemen though.

He'll be a beast next year. He's already had that surgery before, just hope he doesn't injury it again or that might be his career.

I'm most excited to see Filatov out there. I'd pay big money to see a Filatov-Brassard-Vorachek w/ Russell-Moore and Mason. Oh, so money.

Oh and how could I forget, I cant wait to see Filatov get some good quality minutes in a Jackets sweater this year. I was at the game where he had his first NHL hat trick it was sick. Very excited to see what he's got. As for Mayornov, hes good but I havent seen anything from him in a while. Possible trade bait?

I cant wait to see Filatov get some good quality minutes in a Jackets sweater this year. I was at the game where he had his first NHL hat trick it was sick.

I was there too.

My co-workers sister is on the Pepsi squad. As he said when we were at Bar Louie with him, "She is first American girl I be with." I call her the President of player satsifaction.

Once we lock up some good, D-men, we are are set for a killer year. As long as the team stays healthy, we should be headed into the playoffs again. We need to show the other teams that we are a team to concerned with. We did a great job of that last year and we need to repeat a lot! Go Jackets!

I'm kind of excited about it. The last 2 years they have been bringing in strong role players and now it looks like they're bringing in more talent this year. Mason needs to stay strong and they should be in a solid spot for the playoffs next season. I don't know about the Cup in a few years though, call it bad timing but Chicago looks like their going to be a force here the next few years and Detroit always seems to be in the mix with good young guys. It’s hard to stay at the top even if you keep your team the same. So much can happen from one season to the next. Either way we should at least be in for some better CBJ hockey!

So, I read today that the blackhawks fired their GM. Anyone have any idea why? I mean it's not like he did a bad job or anything...

Wow that is a surprise. The Hawks are shapping up to have another great season. The Central Division seems to really be hot. It looks like all of them have a chance to make it to the playoffs this season. It almost happened last season too.

Schedule is out. I was hoping they'd play @ TOR b/c I have a friend living there now and he said I could come stay up there. I think the games I'm excited for the most are TOR, BUF, TB, CAR, NYI(Tavares in action) all at home.

Chicago fired their GM because when the qualifying offers for some of their RFA's were sent in they were filed wrong by the GM. They almost lost a lot of good players. Thats why he got shit canned. If it as able to be sorted out then all of those players would have hit the free-agent market.

Chicago fired their GM because when the qualifying offers for some of their RFA's were sent in they were filed wrong by the GM. They almost lost a lot of good players. Thats why he got shit canned. If it as able to be sorted out then all of those players would have hit the free-agent market.

Hahaha...Oooops!