Oh cool.....

Avenger1647545502

I was just outside a few minutes ago, and off in the distance I hear a familiar rumble and growling. I look up, and watch THIS fly over:

http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/75/75/7/47/87/2737747870100927757DSSqFC_th.jpg

About from the same angle, obviously more clouds today though.

She's a B-17G Flying Fortress, the "Liberty Belle". She's flying out of Bolton Field near Grove City for fundraising and veteran's flights this weekend. I love that sound, the big radials thundering as the landing gear come up. She was maybe 500 or 600 feet up when she went over.

I watched until she was out of sight in some low clouds, then went back to reassembling my M1 Garand.....what a nice moment!

There is a plane like that up by urbana, there is a hanger built for it up there.

Oh yeah, the one that was used as a testbed, flying with FIVE engines. I got to walk around in their old hanger with my brothers car club, and I couldn't believe the amount of work they had ahead of them. They are pretty much utterly rebuilding the plane from the plans, maybe 80% of the structure is new metal!