Home Builders?

Lustalbert

Playing with the idea of buying some land and doing the house mod, looking for reputable companies that will turn out a good house.

Who here has built a house, and who did you go through? Good stories, bad stories, shady practices to watch out for, ect. I am thinking of building in Pickaway County, Min 2000 SF building. No prefabs or modulars.

Thanks

We bought our land and hired Gladman's Builders to build our house. They are a small custom builder that has been building houses over 30 years. They did a great job and we were able to build a bigger house than we could be bought in suburbia. We have been in our house for 14 years now. Another builder we looked at was Gossing Construction, they are another small builder that does outstanding work and they are in the Parade of Homes this year.

http://www.gladmanbuilders.com/

http://www.gossingconstruction.com/

Is there a reason you dont want a prefab/modular type house. I know to a lot of people they are "cheaper built houses" but my buddies house was custom designed but prefabed in a warehouse and is technically a modular home. It was also almost 400k to build and you would never know it was a modular. Some people also argue modulars are stronger as they are built with 4x6s rather than 4x4s because they have to be carried to the build site.

A very good friend of mine is the designer for Monogram Homes. I have been inside many of their homes, and they are impressive. If you call there, ask for Danielle and tell her I sent you.

I have no idea what price ranges they build in or how far they travel.