05 Jeep, multiple problems

SuBieQT

so where to begin...my 05 jeep grand cherokee laredo PMS's and has random problems all the time. First my AC half of the time doesn't work on fan 1,2, or 3... but always on the strongest 4. Also my airbag light is on and my horn doesn't work. I bought this car as a beater car that i don't really care but these problems are driving me crazy. i want to get this all fixed so i can possibly trade it in. I called jeep and scheduled an appt but its $90 to determine the problem and i guess the $90 goes towards parts to fix it... but i wanted to know if anyone on here can help first

Fan speed problem sounds like the ever popular blower resistor that Chrysler's are notorious for.

Air bag light is outside my guessing knowledge, if the horn does not work and the air bag light is on it sounds like a problem with the horn pad on the steering wheel which is also the airbag, but that is just a guess.

Sounds like a blower resistor and a clock spring inside the steering column would fix your problems. Replace the blower resistor yourself it's usually pretty easy and less then $50 (not positive on the Jeeps off the top of my head). The airbag/horn problem I'd leave to a professional, unless you just want the light out in the dash.

First year of that body style and I've read tons of horror stories about the issues with the '05. Main reason I was looking for an '06 & up. The blower motors are notorious for going bad in my car as well and I'll agree, the resistor for the blower seems to resolve the issue more often than not (for a little while at least).

Sorry about your misfortune, hopefully it gets worked out for you.

you need to call the dealer with your vin I have had the best luck with byers and see if they extended the warranty on the clock spring or the blower resistor

the last chrysler clock spring job I had in had been extended to lifetime

if its not hit me up and I'll help you figure out whats wrong and show you how to fix it

Guest Removed
how long will it take you though?

that would depend on how long they take getting me the parts.

and should be now more then 2 hours or so to swap out both parts. but i would have to look them up