how here does or knows a good house appraiser?

smokin5s

we have an interesting situation with our mortgage company that we have to have our house appraised and have Capital Investments itemized with our appraisal...

so who here can help us out?

Thanks!

First things first, tell your loan office you want to know if the bank has an approved appraiser list. Or if they have a list of black listed appraisers. If you go with an outside appraiser, or one they have not used before, your appraisal will be looked at with a micro scope. That tends to slow things up and then they ask for more info on this or that. It causes a huge frustration that is usually avoidable.

It may even be worth it to ask the LO for the appraier who did the last loan he closed.

Franklin county appraisals should run between $275 and $350. If the bank does it, or will do it, they are around $175.

If you want another person/number, I highly recommend my appraiser that I had come through my house in January, but don't have her number in front on me, it's in my files if you want it.

Mojoe is right about the common appraisers used by financial institutions...they really do feel more comfortable during underwriting if you use an appraiser they are familiar with. That said, RF Berger and Associates (if they are on your bank's approved appraiser list) is the way to go.

Brian Berger. 614.580.0120. Tell him Clay sent you.

If it's a GOV loan and there is no approval list fir you to go by, at the very least, make sure they are VA approved. It's been a little while for me with the industry, but to do VA loans I think they have to get a GOV certification. I'd say Clay is a lot more up todate on this info than I am. Bleed him dry for info. Lol

Mojoe is right about the common appraisers used by financial institutions...they really do feel more comfortable during underwriting if you use an appraiser they are familiar with. That said, RF Berger and Associates (if they are on your bank's approved appraiser list) is the way to go.

Brian Berger. 614.580.0120. Tell him Clay sent you.

wrong number.... I spoke with a lady that didn't seem to happy to hear from me and she said that there is no one named Brian at that number.