250 to 600 jump?

Radio Flyer1647545514

Got my money act together recently and looking at bikes again.

I'm looking into 250s now though for gas purposes and they are cheap as hell for a bike w/ decent miles. I can drop it and not give two shits but how hard is it to go from a 250 to say a 600?

To big of a jump? I won't be looking at a 600 til next year.

You will crack the throttle and once you do you will do it again and again... I just bought a 03 ninja 636 and i just learned how to ride and i crack the throttle everytime i get on it. I guess im just a re re though.

difference is the bike you bought is slammed an stretched. his i doubt will be.stock hiehg is easy as hell to get the front end up

I know guys that start out with much bigger bikes than 250's and they are about your size. They never had any issue. Remember a bike, any bike only goes as fast as you turn the throttle. No different than a car. If I were you, I would find a 600 I liked and sit on it. If you can lean side to side and it doesnt feel like it is going to fall and you couldnt stop it, then thats the size I would get. I would maybe start my wife on a 250 but I would have no issue with her on a 600. Theres not that much difference in the bikes themselves.

You will be dissapointed with a 600 within a month. Theres a reason these bikes are so cheap. people realize quickly their not what they want.

Did you mean a 250? Hell most people can't ride a 600 to the full potential on the street or a track. I think for most people a 600 is just fine and would suit someone well for some years to come.

I started on my R6 never had a 250 and I haven't wrecked and I'm pretty tame on it since it comes up pretty easily with my light ass on the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

ive never owned anything under a 600 (though i started on bikes @ 5 years old). still though... even my CRF450F doesnt hold a candle to my gixxxer 600.

like stated many times already... its all about how you ride. if you're fearless... bad things tend to happen. ive never had any of my 600s down, and i will prolly never "upgrade" because i found a bike thats the perfect size for me (small guy). plus... a 600 can be modded and tuned to run w/ almost all of the big bikes... so i've just stuck w/ modding it if i get bored of it. but, every once in a while the bike gods will have it come down off a wheelie wrong, or speed wobble, or whatever... and you'll be reminded real quick how fast that little burp of the throttle can = pavement vs. flesh.

as a new rider... you'll respect that bike the first time you ride it... and hopefully you'll be smart enough not to abuse it.