AEP Problem

jerrodh

I'm starting an AEP account at my new apartment and they are wanting a $150 deposit, but it appears I can have someone who has an AEP account vouch for me one way or another and they can then waive the fee. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm really strapped for cash so any help would be great. On a similar note if anyone works for AEP and could help me through this that be greatly appreciated!

Any insight will be appreciated.

yeah, this happened to my sister. they wanted someone who had AEP or she had to pay the fee... unfortunately, i have NEP now so i couldn't help her.

im not sure when they started doing this but i dont think its new.

good luck!

Yeah a friend of mine is getting nailed with the same fee so its acrossed the board. I need to call back for details tomorrow. Apparently all they need is a current AEP customers name and account number, but I don't know if that essintially makes them a 'cosigner' basically or what...?

Guest Removed
Sounds more like a credit problem.

not really..even with good credit, they still want money..

try paying 2 deposits on commercial business electric :eek:

Fuck AEP. I've had so many issues with those fucks. Regarding the voucher thing, I had an issue with that too.

I tried to get my mom to vouch for me when I moved into my apartment, but she recently divorced from my dad, kept the house, and since they had to change the name on the account the only way they could change it was cancel the old account (that had been active for 27 years back when they weren't even called AEP) and they denied my voucher request because her account was too new. Fucking BS.

Never had this issue and I've moved 4 times in the past 5 years, always had AEP, so either its super new, as in last year since i got new service with them again, or I agree, its a credit issue, lack thereof or negative not sure.