Resturant Review- Fogo de Chao (Scottsdale, AZ)

HAOLE

I am out in Scottsdale for a conference with the wife and got this recommendation from a friend of ours.

I had never been to a Brazillian steak house, I think I will return to this one. When you walk into the building the decor is very impressive and the staff was very well trained an courteous.

At Fogo, your meal starts with a salad bar that in one of the most impressive salad bars that I have ever seen. 24 Month Aged Parmesan, Aged Manchego Cheese, Prosciutto, Brazilian Hearts of Palm, Artichoke Bottoms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Smoked Salmon, Italian Salami, Jumbo Asparagus, Tabbouleh, Shitake Mushrooms, various salads and more.

Once you are done with the salad bar, you flip over a card to the green side and the meats are brought to you table along with the side dishes. The chefs walk around the restaurant with the meats on skewers and slice the meat right onto your plate. The variety of choices was impressive. Fillet Mignon,Top Sirloin, Rib Eye, Bottom Sirloin, Beef Ribs, Lamb (leg and chops), Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork Loin and Sausage.

Best of all, it is all you can eat, no limit on the meat or salad bar!

Overall very impressive. I would have to say Fogo beat Ruths Chris.

Damage $120.39 with tip for two people.

I have been to Fogo in Chicago, Atlanta and DC. The most important thing to remember at Fogo is they will bring you your choice. You can sit there and eat Filet all night.

$120 is cheap for two people. My guess is you didn't have a bottle of wine from their huge wine selection, or desert (good creme brulee) or after dinner drinks (Lagavulin anyone?)

I went there once and the damage was ~$180 we had wine though. Well worth it.

Better than going to Melting Pot and then having to stop at taco bell on the way home because you are still hungry.

They have one in Houston, and it is one of my favorite places to eat.

Ditto. It was incredible. We have a lot of Brazilian friends and while in Texas, they even recommended it. We filled a huge table. I'd hate to know what the total for everyone was. lol

There are at least a couple in Ohio, one is Braza(sp?) in Cleveland, and there is another one in downtown Cinci. There was an Amazon Grill here in Columbus but it was awful. If you ever hear the term "rodizio " it means the same thing.

I have been to Fogo in Chicago, Atlanta and DC. The most important thing to remember at Fogo is they will bring you your choice. You can sit there and eat Filet all night.

$120 is cheap for two people. My guess is you didn't have a bottle of wine from their huge wine selection, or desert (good creme brulee) or after dinner drinks (Lagavulin anyone?)

We did not have drinks or dessert. I was so full from all the meat, I could not handle desert!

been to the one in chicago several times. its $65/person just for the salad bar/dinner--not sure how you escaped for $120 with 2 people. i went to the one here in tampa one week ago for a drug-rep dinner. its called Boizau here in tampa--exact same restaurant. anyhow, its one of my favorite places to go; a vegetarian's worst nightmare. next time you go, try their brazilian margeritas (can't remember what they're called but they are fantastic).

been to the one in chicago several times. its $65/person just for the salad bar/dinner--not sure how you escaped for $120 with 2 people. i went to the one here in tampa one week ago for a drug-rep dinner. its called Boizau here in tampa--exact same restaurant. anyhow, its one of my favorite places to go; a vegetarian's worst nightmare. next time you go, try their brazilian margeritas (can't remember what they're called but they are fantastic).

$46.50 per person plus tax and tip. We don't drink so we did not have wine/beer. IMHO it is a bargin!