91 RM 250 NEEDS TO GO!!

FOXBODY88STANG

Selling my RM 250. Has newer tirer,new grips,throddle tube,replaced inpeller. Stock bore but needs top end done. All plastics are on the bike. Trying to move to many projects!! $550 cash or make me a resonable offer. If you need more info p.m. me or 614-264-7717.Sorry about the shitty phone pic.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l69/foxbody88stang/rm2.jpg

Thanks,

Vic

Edited by FOXBODY88STANG

Guest Removed
a freind of mine is looking for a cheap bike if its just a ring id bet he would do 450 cash tonight. do you have the title. so he can get a ohio and wayne forest sticker.

91's dont have titles

really my 86 does. they all have a meranda title or something similar when theay are paid off you get that. then you take that to the bmv to get a title to sell it. you need the title to get the ohio forestry sticker and you dont need it for the wayne buy you have to have the ohio and wayne to ride at wayne.

Guest Removed

funny..laws must have changed, cause my 88 and 92, 93 never had vins to title.

but what do i know..i know in 96 or so is when they started titling them

you know what i think it might only be atvs with titles. the bikes were sold as racebikes proably didnt need one. so cr rm kx and yz wouldent have them. but im prety shure my 91 kx 500 did have a title and vin. so who knows

yeah dirtbikes didnt have titles in ohio until the late 90s.

this is what you need to get a title, which you need to get the sticker

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/misc/apv.htm

Listed below are acceptable types of evidence that may be used by the Clerk of Courts of Common Pleas Title Offices for title issuance on APV's and Off-Road Motorcycles.

ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:

• Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin or Importer's Certificate of Origin;

• Another jurisdiction's certificate of title in applicant's name, or assigned to Ohio resident;

• A current or expired registration issued by Ohio or any other jurisdiction;

• A notarized bill of sale;

• A current insurance policy or declaration page that describes the vehicle by vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make, model, and issued to the applicant in this or another state;

• A warranty order in applicant's name that describes the vehicle by VIN, year, make, and model;

• A security agreement that lists the owner, lender, VIN, year, and make.

TWO OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:

• A required out-of-state inspection obtained from a Deputy Registrar license agency;

• A sworn, notarized affidavit declaring ownership of the vehicle by the applicant;

• A sworn, notarized affidavit by other persons attesting to applicant's ownership;

• Receipts in applicant's name from the purchase of parts or components;

• Photographs and or pencil tracings of the VIN.

The bike just died.Comprestion is very low. Was running great then it was like the gas turned off. I was told its the top end. Could be top end, power valve not sure.Just want it gone.Its a 91 no title. Before 99 not issued at purchase. Will do a bill of sale if you would like to title it.

No dirtbike or atv required a title until July of 1999. I dealt with this issue with my banshee. The dealers werent required to supply one before that. Some would upon request. When I sold my Banshee my friend wanted a title for it. I wrote him up a contract and 3 months later he went in to the title agency and said he wanted to apply for a title for his atv and they just said ok. They didnt even ask to see proof of ownership.

With some effort you can get Ohio BMV to issue a title. If you have the original certificate of origin it is pretty easy or at least a bill of sale from the previous owner.

I had a 90 and 91 RM back in the day. They are good bikes, the powervalves do clog pretty often if you use cruddy oil (i recommend Amsoil 50-1) but that would not cause low compression. As long as it turns over with no funny noises I would suspect it just needs rings or at most rings piston and jug.

Oh and 2-strokes RULE

Guest Removed

last one i took apart was the piston and all :( plus by the time you buy this, with rebuilding it, and reeds and what not, you could have over a grand in it.

i'd say 200 cash..but id say put it on CL...