Any Accountants On Here?

wagner

I have my associates in accounting and have been working in the field for 8 years. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. But it pays the bills.

Really? I have a good family friend who loves it a ton. If you don't mind me asking what do you not like? Anything you do like?

I really want to find a new field and since there is no way I can get back into I.T. this seems like the other option for me to use with my business degree.

That and I really have not desire to go back into sales, that dirty feeling I got each day is no fun...

I'm 2 hours short of an accounting degree but have held an accounting position. What would you like to know? I also own my own tax prep business if you were interested in that.

I'm 2 hours short of an accounting degree but have held an accounting position. What would you like to know? I also own my own tax prep business if you were interested in that.

I have done some research and it seems like there are lots of different opportunities. I was just wondering what kind of jobs in accouting peole on CR might have and what they take to do.

Do you have any web resources that would be good to check out for more info? I don't know if I would want to do tax prep but what is that really like?

My current job has lots to do with the backend of business deals and I have dealt with the front end as well, accounting seem to tie it all together.

So in general any insight you could provide would be great, if you want to PM it to me that is fine as well

Coming back to FWT Brian?

LOL no I have done my tour in "the mouth" and have the scars to prove it :) I am looking at franklin since their program is very friendly to non-trad students

LOL no I have done my tour in "the mouth" and have the scars to prove it :) I am looking at franklin since their program is very friendly to non-trad students

Aw come on! You know you want to come back and sing karaoke with me and Crazy Carl. I'll be there tonight :D

I have an associate's degree in business management which included many accounting courses. My professor's said I was great with numbers and suggested I switch my major. I hated accounting at the time, but guess what I'm doing now. I'm currently an office supervisor which involves accounting in many aspects. I've been here 9 years now.

I have been working for the same place since I got out of college. I started out in AP, went to AR, and now I write reports and such for the rest of the department and training. At times it is a great job with tons of challenges, but most of the time, it is just the same shit different day. But I am sure you would have that with pretty much any office job.

In all honesty, I wanted to go to college to become a park manager/ranger. My parents and the schools pushed me to do something a little more "normal." It is one of my only regrets in line.

You guys are able to hold positions with Associates degress in Accounting? I have spent 2 trimesters focused on Finance and Accounting at DeVry (for my Bachelors - I'm a junior) and what I learned prior with my Associates does not compare, not by a long shot.