Whempy's LAN Center 8-1-09 FREE

jeffro

ryan(mudcrutch) and i are going to whempys lan center this evening to pwn some noobs. we'll be headin there around 7pm this evening and leaving sometimes tomorrow morning. we were lookin for some more people to meet up with so if anyone is interested feel free to call/text me. 614-315-7669. the event for this weekend is free and goes till tomorrow at noon. bring all your games because you never know what will be played. also they will be awarding prizes and other cool stuff. see you there!

http://whempyslan.org/

Its not a LAN center either, I don't know who told you that, but punch them in the throat.

Back when I was still helping run this thing, people would show up randomly during the week looking for a LAN center. Thats not what it is.

Ill be there later.

There are consoles there, but its meant to be a computer gaming event.

It was nice to see some of the guys I hadn't seen in a while. We also did some chatting about network upgrades and changes. The problem with doing stuff like that in a timely manner is that we don't really profit off of holding the event in general, nor do we personally make any money doing it. The admission money pays for bills and prizes for the tournaments and raffles.

I keep saying "we", but I am not really apart of it anymore, short of occasional network consulting.

Whempys is kind of lucky in that its been going for 10, almost 11 years, and because of having a great location like Whempys Chimney Sweeps to have the event, and an owner who loves holding it, its been able to survive the dying LAN party scene.