Computer Guys - MAPI Issue

TTQ B4U

Okay, my mother in law is having problems with a program that she uses on a regular basis.

Within the program, she's used to sending a document created from the application by going to file send mail and it opens outlook express for her automatically. That's now stopped working and gives her an error that is paraphrased such that "MAPI Error" and essentially can't call upon the email application.

What she did in the days prior was to uninstall a trial version of MS Office as she doesn't use it but rather makes due with MS Works. My guess is that somehow caused the application to lose it's link to call on her email application.

I don't have much in the way of details, but it's related to an application that she uses to input Bankruptcy cases for my wife and would like to get this link going to make things easy for her. That's the key.

What are your thoughts on how I can reconnect this to work for her?

Okay, my mother in law is having problems with a program that she uses on a regular basis.

Within the program, she's used to sending a document created from the application by going to file send mail and it opens outlook express for her automatically. That's now stopped working and gives her an error that is paraphrased such that "MAPI Error" and essentially can't call upon the email application.

What she did in the days prior was to uninstall a trial version of MS Office as she doesn't use it but rather makes due with MS Works. My guess is that somehow caused the application to lose it's link to call on her email application.

I don't have much in the way of details, but it's related to an application that she uses to input Bankruptcy cases for my wife and would like to get this link going to make things easy for her. That's the key.

What are your thoughts on how I can reconnect this to work for her?

Ahh, Outlook and MAPI problems. The two just go together.

What's the exact error message? Also, (I may not be fully understanding the problem you're expressing) but can she not just go in and reset her default mail client to outlook, again? (Do this by going to internet properties and then the "Programs" tab.)

In the meantime, if that doesn't work try this. Let me know how it goes:

http://www.theemailadmin.com/2009/07/troubleshooting-mapi-errors-while-running-outlook/