Roll race question

Snowflake

If you have 2 cars that trap at 105mph in the 1/4 mile and roll raced from 60-120 would both of those cars be right beside each other at 120mph because they trapped the same in the 1/4?

Lets say the cars were a new Mustang and a Trans Am...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. one car coudl be better outta the hole an suck up top. an the other coudl be horrible outta the hole but amzzingggg up top. so the better top end car woudl pull more then saw the dig car.

just go try it for god sake.

If you have 2 cars that trap at 105mph in the 1/4 mile and roll raced from 60-120 would both of those cars be right beside each other at 120mph because they trapped the same in the 1/4?

Lets say the cars were a new Mustang and a Trans Am...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5488/33vm8lh.gif

no. one car coudl be better outta the hole an suck up top. an the other coudl be horrible outta the hole but amzzingggg up top. so the better top end car woudl pull more then saw the dig car.

just go try it for god sake.

Its already happened and it was 45-120. I was using the 60-120 hypothetically

no necessarily, because one car may trap 105 but et 13.1 and the other may trap 105 and et 12.9. so the car thats 12.9 could be having traction problems out of the holl and once it gets 660' the car starts hooking.

Im talking about higher end roll racing with cars running the same trap in the 1/4.

also... why woudl you do a race with a different of 60mph? thats short ass race ??

60-150

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5488/33vm8lh.gif

Hate it or love it!!!

ummm no...you can not compare dig races to roll races..2 completely different outcomes

Im being told that if 2 cars trap the same in the 1/4 that they should be side by side at the end of a higher end roll race.

How about some of the front drive turbo cars that don't get rolling until the top half of the track? The same trap speed doesn't necessarily equate to an even roll race. My old car trapped 107.xx and would run on the highway with cars that trapped 111-113. Never know unless it happens.

thats not possible. check this out. shantons car used to run high 12s low 13s.. but his trap speek was 115+... but he would get beat easily by cars that trapped 110. but frmo a roll he woudl fuck them up....

some cars are better on the top end so if they start in a higher mph they can FLy cause tey have better top end

while some cars are amazing outta the hole but lose steam at higher mph....

who e ver told you it woudl be the same is a fucking idiot

Guest Removed

Im being told that if 2 cars trap the same in the 1/4 that they should be side by side at the end of a higher end roll race.

NO...think about it..even if both car trap 105...the runs will be completely different.

lets say both cars are auto trans.

all 4 gears have different ratios.

and your not starting at 0mph, your starting at 60...

converters are different, and will flash different.

and so on and so forth

How about some of the front drive turbo cars that don't get rolling until the top half of the track? The same trap speed doesn't necessarily equate to an even roll race. My old car trapped 107.xx and would run on the highway with cars that trapped 111-113. Never know unless it happens.

agreed

thats not possible. check this out. shantons car used to run high 12s low 13s.. but his trap speek was 115+... but he would get beat easily by cars that trapped 110. but frmo a roll he woudl fuck them up....

some cars are better on the top end so if they start in a higher mph they can FLy cause tey have better top end

while some cars are amazing outta the hole but lose steam at higher mph....

who e ver told you it woudl be the same is a fucking idiot

agreed

NO...think about it..even if both car trap 105...the runs will be completely different.

lets say both cars are auto trans.

all 4 gears have different ratios.

and your not starting at 0mph, your starting at 60...

converters are different, and will flash different.

and so on and so forth

I know someone who has an A4 98 TA that put 2 lengths on a 05+ Stang from 45-115 2 times in a row and bullshit has been called because there is no way a car can pull 2 cars on another car that traps the same in the 1/4...

It sounds stupid even saying it...

agreed

agreed

I know someone who has an A4 98 TA that put 2 lengths on a 05+ Stang from 45-115 2 times in a row and bullshit has been called because there is no way a car can pull 2 cars on another car that traps the same in the 1/4...

my car used to trap 109....an i could an can pull 115+ trap cars...wan t me to prove this theory with your boys pm me ill bring my pos out :)

Guest Removed

then dig race ..not roll:confused:

If your in the t/a and its manual a 40 roll is in 1st gear and you'll be ahead by 120. phils car trapped higher than mine i was ahead at 120 then after he would pull so i let out :D

So you're saying you raced a car that traps higher in the 1/4 but you were ahead at 120...

Peoples heads will explode if that gets out...

Gearing, traction, and horsepower curve all play big variables on how either roll or dig races play out, obviously. As stated earlier cars will act different, now I'm sure if you looked at times from the 660' to the finish on a 1/4 mile and trap speeds you may see some difference.

Nope. I know that my GXP ran very low 14's to high 13's just like my MS3. Both very close in MPH too. However, from a roll, the MS3 will pull like a bitch on the Automatic V8 in the GXP. Don't ask me how I know about the 40-120mph runs comparing those two ;)

Roll racing is a way for people that cant drive to be able to beat people that can...

So what are you trying to say I can'y drive lol:cool:.. My car traps 118 but my car don't really get moving until 660 and on. I pick up 31mph going from the 1/8th to the 1/4