2010 Ford Taurus SHO

SLOWLX

My first thought is to stay with the GXP, but if you've modded a boosted car, you know how fun they can be. It seems to be producing very good power from down low, too, if you watched the second vid. Still wouldn't own one, though.

Too heavy, too expensive.

For that price, get a Evo X, or save money and get a STI. If you want something a bit more comfortable get a Legacy GT (better yet, a clean Spec B and save a ton of $$).

Want something REALLY nice? Get an Infiniti G37x Sedan.

Where does this car fit in?

Too heavy, too expensive.

For that price, get a Evo X, or save money and get a STI. If you want something a bit more comfortable get a Legacy GT (better yet, a clean Spec B and save a ton of $$).

Want something REALLY nice? Get an Infiniti G37x Sedan.

Where does this car fit in?

In what world does a BIG automatic sedan compete with an EVO or STI? The new Taurus is Huge, bigger than the Legacy (which I found too small). We are talking A6, 300C big. It essentially is a big entry level domestic luxury car that got a hot engine to compete with the new 300, G8, Genesis etc.

None of the cars you listed are true competition for the Taurus except maybe the G37. I can agree to that.

My first thought is to stay with the GXP, but if you've modded a boosted car, you know how fun they can be. It seems to be producing very good power from down low, too, if you watched the second vid. Still wouldn't own one, though.

I have no doubt tuners will be running with the ecoboost. However people have heard from Ford drivetrain engineers that the power is already limited for transmission longevity........which means the trans isn't strong enough for the car..........which means bad news for the easy tq increases of a F/I car.

Exactly like the old ones. The auto trans were junk.

I have no doubt tuners will be running with the ecoboost. However people have heard from Ford drivetrain engineers that the power is already limited for transmission longevity........which means the trans isn't strong enough for the car..........which means bad news for the easy tq increases of a F/I car.

Exactly like the old ones. The auto trans were junk.

Tuners + 4,300lb sedan does not compute :D

but I suppose there will be those that will spend that much money on a Taurus only to modify it :confused:

I think it's funny they call it an EcoBoost engine, yet there's not much Eco about it.

In what world does a BIG automatic sedan compete with an EVO or STI?

A world where the car is sold based on its power and AWD. The SHO (Super High Output) badge is about performance, not luxury or prestige. If you're buying the car based on it's HP and AWD system, then there are much better choices for the same or less money.

The new Taurus is Huge, bigger than the Legacy (which I found too small). We are talking A6, 300C big. It essentially is a big entry level domestic luxury car that got a hot engine to compete with the new 300, G8, Genesis etc.

On the flipside, if you're buying the car based on it's comfort and size, there are still better choices out there for the same or less money.

None of the cars you listed are true competition for the Taurus except maybe the G37. I can agree to that.

It's tough to come up with "competition" for it, because it doesn't fit anywhere. People will either see it as less well built than a BMW/Lexus/Infiniti/etc, or slower than a STI/Evo/etc and wonder what's worth $40k.

SHO vs G37 performance:

Spoiler: G37 romps on the SHO.

I'm just tired of the pathetic slugs that US manufacturers put out. We should be able to stand with the rest of the world, but all we seem to be able to do is spit out hard plastic lumps that only go straight. And we're even having trouble going straight as we keep making heavier and heavier cars. 4000+lbs! 2 TONS!

Another good engine put in a stupid car, it weights too much. I'd like to see that engine in a V6 stang, or a new SVT focus

Ford Fusion SHO with that motor. Drove a Fusion Sport as a rental and it was actually a darn nice car all around. I'd consider one with this motor and AWD.

A world where the car is sold based on its power and AWD. The SHO (Super High Output) badge is about performance, not luxury or prestige. If you're buying the car based on it's HP and AWD system, then there are much better choices for the same or less money.

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Nobody is comparing an EVO/STI to a SHO. They just aren't. A 4300lb, tq converted auto car the size of an SUV. While I agree that people do buy "bigger is better" but I don't agree that those cars will be cross shopped because they have AWD and are performance oriented. Don't think too many people will cross shop the new 7 series with X drive with an STI/EVO even though they are sporty (if you call the SHO sporty, the 7 series certainly has to be too) and AWD.

On the flipside, if you're buying the car based on it's comfort and size, there are still better choices out there for the same or less money.

Like what? Legacy doesn't work....I can't even fit in them, let alone be worried about the rear passengers.

It's tough to come up with "competition" for it, because it doesn't fit anywhere. People will either see it as less well built than a BMW/Lexus/Infiniti/etc, or slower than a STI/Evo/etc and wonder what's worth $40k.

Its competition is not the M/S-RS/AMG/V style cars from upper level car companies. It is the Acura TL, Infinity G and M and domestics like the G8 GT and 300C, even the Genesis. I personally don't see it pulling sales away from BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus regardless of the model.

SHO vs G37 performance:

Spoiler: G37 romps on the SHO.

Already saw that. And the Accord V6 comparo against the regular Taurus. Accord won that too.

I'm just tired of the pathetic slugs that US manufacturers put out. We should be able to stand with the rest of the world, but all we seem to be able to do is spit out hard plastic lumps that only go straight. And we're even having trouble going straight as we keep making heavier and heavier cars. 4000+lbs! 2 TONS!

Agreed. However the new Taurus is a step in the right direction. It is fairly high content (although pricy). If they could get the price down, it would have been a much better car, even if nothing else changed.

Ford Fusion SHO with that motor. Drove a Fusion Sport as a rental and it was actually a darn nice car all around. I'd consider one with this motor and AWD.

You mean what the SHO should have been from the get go? That would make too much sense to come from a Domestic car company.

3.5 Ecoboost, along with 6 speed standard and an optional DSG style box with AWD...Around 3800lbs (lets be realistic here)....For 32k base up to 38k loaded. Perfect car.

There does seem to be some hope though. Audi and BMW are looking to move to Turbo I4's in there next S/M models as well as extreme weight cutting. I can only hope this formula re-emerges. Can you imagine the performance of a 300-350hp turbo 4 hauling 2500-3000lbs? Excellent (C Montgomery Burns)

There does seem to be some hope though. Audi and BMW are looking to move to Turbo I4's in there next S/M models as well as extreme weight cutting. I can only hope this formula re-emerges. Can you imagine the performance of a 300-350hp turbo 4 hauling 2500-3000lbs? Excellent (C Montgomery Burns)

The say I see a sub 3000lb Audi again is the day I shit green bricks my friend.

Guest Removed
Exactly what I thought. I've never heard anyone call it a "show."

has always been called that

Another good engine put in a stupid car, it weights too much. I'd like to see that engine in a V6 stang, or a new SVT focus

its not a focuss any more its called a fiesta now :rolleyes:

The day I see a sub 3000lb Audi again is the day I shit green bricks my friend.

Well the A3 is the closest right now. It would be tough, but doable. Shit even if the new S-RS's were 3500lbs, thats 350-500lbs less with the same power would do wonders. Especially with the new weight distribution of 55/45. It would only help.

At least we can dream.

My GTI is 3150 stock, so it shouldn't be too hard to get mine comfortably at 3000lbs with full interior.

Well the A3 is the closest right now. It would be tough, but doable. Shit even if the new S-RS's were 3500lbs, thats 350-500lbs less with the same power would do wonders. Especially with the new weight distribution of 55/45. It would only help.

At least we can dream.

My GTI is 3150 stock, so it shouldn't be too hard to get mine comfortably at 3000lbs with full interior.

Give me a 3200lb A5 2.0T and I'd be happy.