Speaker/Sub help

LS_Sonoma

Scenario # 1 -I'm looking to replace the factory 8" sub in my wife's 2004 expedition. I see alot of references in regards to 2 ohm's and 4 ohm's. Can anyone explain the difference in regards to sound quality?

Scenario # 2 -The bass is volume sensitive, meaning if the volume is turned up past half the bass does not go any higher. I was wondering if this is controled by the factory head unit or the inline amplifier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ohms has nothing to do with sound quality, it's just a matter of matching the ohm rating to the amp so you get the wattage that you want and/or what its designed for. As for scenario 2, i have no idea how the factory controlled the sub, but I'd bet it's the amp.

Ohms is resistance. The lower the number, the less resistance there is on the circuit. A 2 ohm sub requires less power from the amp to run it than a 4 ohm sub

I thought this one through, and the only two questions I could come up with is:

Why isn't every sub/speaker rated at two ohms instead of 2/4/8?

And then my next question would be:

Does ohm's have anything to due with frequency responce i.e. lower bass vs. tremble?