a deal or junk?

ericsarge

So I was at my grandpas shop the other day workin on my car, and he said he had a car he wanted to get rid of. Its a 86 Subaru XT 1.8 turbo fwd manual. I have never seen one of these cars. Ive done some reasearch on it, and cant really find many bad blogs/reviews. it does need some work with the fuel system..thinkin lines, pump or injectors(s). he said he'd sell it cheap, so i was thinkin it could be a fun car, maybe to just thrash in. any opinions? past experiences?

its only 300 bucks, so im not out much. and ive never played with a turbo...so it would be some experience before i bought something too expensive to f up. i've been able to find parts online, actually. and they dont seem over priced. wanted to see if anyone else had played with them.

PM wannarace928 on here, she's owned one of those. It's the predecessor to the SVX, which she's owned eight of those things.

If it's anything like the SVX, have fun working on the damned thing let alone getting parts without giving up your first born child.

interesting

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3363/3181/20906590012_large.jpg

Yeah, I had to google the car because I had no idea what they looked like, and that was one of the first pics that popped up.

Ugly as fuck IMO

Guest Removed

ha, i had one of these in high school..if you dont want it let me know ill take it..

you can still get parts for them. well some parts anyway. and turn the boost up, and have a good clutch(stock), and these things rock out in the snow or light muddin. we beat the ever living hell out of mine. and i sold it to a buddie and he killed it not checking the oil all the time.