plugged tire

Richard Cranium

Probably a stupid question, but was planning on going to Kilcare tomorrow and remembered a while back I picked up a nail and have a plug in one of my rear tires. The tire is in good condition other than the plug, and while I know it's not the best idea in the world, can I run with a plug? Or will they not pass me on tech?

Probably a stupid question, but was planning on going to Kilcare tomorrow and remembered a while back I picked up a nail and have a plug in one of my rear tires. The tire is in good condition other than the plug, and while I know it's not the best idea in the world, can I run with a plug? Or will they not pass me on tech?

There tech is nothing to worry about.

What kind of plug was used? If the tire was broken down and has a patch/plug in it, honestly I doubt you'll have much of an issue. Now if we're talking an old gas station type of rope plug, that I'd worry about. Since I'm assuming these are just normal street tires, are you even going to do a burnout? Either way I've never been to a track that techs that good.

Pass tech...Now that's a funny one...they have drive thru tech...:eek: I doubt they would notice if you even had tires...

Pass tech...Now that's a funny one...they have drive thru tech...:eek: I doubt they would notice if you even had tires...

That's the information I was looking for. The tire was plugged last year and has lost no more pressure than the other 3 tires. I will be running on street tires so was planning on skipping the burnout. I doubt I will push the car that hard anyhow since it is completely untested at the track. I just didn't want to get out there and be told I could not run because of the tire. If push came to shove I could go get my old tires and wheels out of storage and throw them on, but they've been sitting for a while so I trust them less.