Fuck Sunoco.

GonneVille

They just lost my business forever.

They just eliminated their Ultra94 from pumps in the last couple days, but added 89 to the mid-grades, so they still have four grades of gas. But instead of splitting the price difference of mid-grade, they kept the same 10-cent price gap between grades, so 91 and 93 are now both $.10 more per gallon....gouging much?

Goodbye Sunoco. Guess I'll be filling up at Shell from now on.

They just lost my business forever.

They just eliminated their Ultra94 from pumps in the last couple days, but added 89 to the mid-grades, so they still have four grades of gas. But instead of splitting the price difference of mid-grade, they kept the same 10-cent price gap between grades, so 91 and 93 are now both $.10 more per gallon....gouging much?

Goodbye Sunoco. Guess I'll be filling up at Shell from now on.

SAMESIES

you waste money on anything but 87 is that tank?

Gee, I do? So that's why the one time I had to put 91 in the car, I watched my KR reading jump like crazy every time I got into the throttle even a tiny bit? Or why I got 5mpg less on that tank, even though I was babying it the whole time until I could find a station with good premium?

Or do you possibly mean "IN that tank", to which my reply is: You waste your money on that stereotypical symbol of inadequacy?

Gee, I do? So that's why the one time I had to put 91 in the car, I watched my KR reading jump like crazy every time I got into the throttle even a tiny bit? Or why I got 5mpg less on that tank, even though I was babying it the whole time until I could find a station with good premium?

Or do you possibly mean "IN that tank", to which my reply is: You waste your money on that stereotypical symbol of inadequacy?

Probably the worst rebound ever.

Probably the worst rebound ever.

Yeah, long day, late night, I'm off my game.

And yes, it seems to be at least a regional change. Some stations may be lagging behind, or waiting to switch after draining their tank. I found out when I filled up on Norton Rd, checked both Sunocos on Georgesville, same thing.

Just put nintey-fucking-three in it. It's not going to make shit for difference in a 3800.

Edit - I used to put 92 in my modded Lumina that went 12's and never had an issue with KR.

Looks like you need to get your tune looked at and like Anthony said, lower the timing.

Time for E85 and another 30-40 hp.

(I have spent way too much time playing with these 3800's)

On another note. I am this close to putting the Z on a steady diet of 100 octane.

Speaking of E85, my injectors are running at 61% duty cycle now, would they be enough for E85? Just ballpark it, I'm not going to hold you to it. Would a N/A motor pick up much? again just give me your educated guess.

I gotta be honest Scott. I do not see much of a gain with E85 on your car N/A based on the compression. Now if you were running 13:1 compression or spraying a large amount of the zesty sauce then I would say go for it. The only reason I push for E85 on these Supercharged 3800's is because of the HEATON being non intercooled.

Just put nintey-fucking-three in it. It's not going to make shit for difference in a 3800.

Edit - I used to put 92 in my modded Lumina that went 12's and never had an issue with KR.

Looks like you need to get your tune looked at and like Anthony said, lower the timing.

um, miss the point much? They just JACKED UP THEIR PRICE ON 93!

And yes, the tune was a bit rough, but on 94, I saw ZERO KR at any throttle position until just recently when it started having some lifter troubles. That's getting fixed when I install a bunch of new parts and then it goes over to Dyno Brian. Just waiting for the lifters and a rear mount to come in, and trying to find one other part before it can go in.

Sunoco 94 is 93 with a bit more ethanol mixed in by the pump. It was a marketing gimmick to say they had the highest octane street fuel available. If you ask Sunoco, they're blaming eliminating 94 on new government regulations which is a half-truth - ethanol is more expensive to produce than the old octane additive MTBE, so it's their choice to remove 94. The increased price of 93 is making up the difference.

If you're broken up over 94, just add a little Torco to your garden-variety 93. Viola, 94.

Speaking of E85, my injectors are running at 61% duty cycle now, would they be enough for E85? Just ballpark it, I'm not going to hold you to it. Would a N/A motor pick up much? again just give me your educated guess.

I think he could get 10whp from E85. Just from my reading on other E85 sites. I know If I was him at the least I would try it out. 61% will be cutting it close you will be damn close to 80-90 IDCs