thoughts?

1veryfastvr4

Poor judgement but I am glad they have the right to. Doesnt prove much of a point to me.

"It's a political statement," he told The Boston Globe. "If you don't use your rights, then you lose your rights."

While I do think an AR-15 could be a little much at a ralley, I have no problem OCing a pistol. Doesn't bother me though, he just is putting a lot of unwanted attention on him particularlly.

I think it is great. Just goes to show all the gun haters out there that a normal citizen can have a gun around other people and no one gets hurt or killed. People think just b/c someone has a gun that suddenly someone is going to get shot. I think more people should arm themselves when they go to protest b/c most cops are fuckheads.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/art.obama.gun.pool.jpg

This made me smile this morning. It's great to see Americans exercising their 2nd Amendment Rightsout in public. If people can say what they want, and be covered under the 1st Amendment, then by all means this is an excellent visible way to exercise your rights. I think what's great about the picture, 1.) The man doesn't look like your average gun-slinging redneck. 2.) The man is carrying an AR-style rifle. It's funny to see, since the man doesn't seem to fit the "stereotype" of a gun owner/Pro-2nd Amendment supporter. The symbolism is most excellent, and not to mention the Communist News Networkis having a hay day with this. They're utterly shocked that it's LEGALto open carry a weapon. :)

Poor judgement but I am glad they have the right to. Doesnt prove much of a point to me.

Define the poor judgement? People used to carry signs around saying Impeach Bush, and Bush was a murderer. This was a visible way of proving his Right to Bear Arms. He was showing, that it is 100% legal to carry a weapon of any kind out in the open.

Edited by Infidel

Guest tbutera2112
I would hope they are worried more about the guns they can't see than the ones that are carried openly.

exactly...if i was going to show up at a rally and shoot the president, i sure as hell wouldnt have my gun slung over my shoulder for everybody to see it lol

I agree with Scotty on this....

How many people here on CR would have the balls to do the same thing? Not sure I would....

I wouldn't have any problem OCing my USPc, but an AR, probably not. Especially with the way the police in Ohio learn their gun control laws. I don't have the money for an attorney to file against my civil rights, although you could make some loot if they arrested you.

I remember years ago when I was a kid in Phoenix, It wasn't unusual to be in a grocery store and see people with guns all over the place. Never bothered me, and I wish we truly supported OC here.

Then start doing it. Put your gun on your hip and go for a walk.