FX35/45

SilverEvo8owner

VQ35 cars generally are pigs when it comes to MPG, but their exhaust note is damn sexy. With the 3.5, it is a very commonly used engine in the Nissan/Infiniti family, so my guess is that replacement parts and such probably are dirt cheap.

I get 21-23 mpg nearly every fill up regardless of how I drive.

We have an FX35 and an EX35 at work. I find both of them horribly uncomfortable to drive and their interiors very cheaply done. The only thing I do like is the Lane Departure Prevention system on our EX35. I also find the EX35 very hard to see out of. I have not drove the FX near as much. However, I do dread whenever we have to test them because it means being stuck in them for a couple hours.

Im not happy about getting rid of the EVO but having two cars is not a possibility for me. I like the Q7's as well but I'd only be able to get into an entry level one with no options unless I went with one with like 70k on the clock. The EVO just clicked past 100k this week and I need more space with the dog. It'll definately be a sad day when she goes...

My father has an 05' FX35, it's actually nice to drive. I agree on the somewhat cheap interior...but it's not that bad at all. It has a backup camera on the NAV screen, radar cruise control (which is cool as hell on long trips), and gets reasonable HWY milage for an AWD SUV. I love driving it, i've borrowed it for a few trips when I need to haul stuff...did I mention the FX has a cool exhaust note? Like a 350z of course

On the flip side my step father has a 05' RX330 Lexus, while it has a nicer interior (passenger seat is not full power...lame), it sucks to drive and it looks like every other soccer mom's around Dublin. He had an RX300 before that, and it was even worse.

I'd go with an X5 though, my brother has one, and my father used to have one. It's not for everyone, but I like driving them. They just get crappy gas mileage. It's a toss up on the looks of an X5 to an FX ...I like both. RX is ugly