Good Beginner Car to Mod/ Build

Main3s

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo... Any suggestions on the ones above. The Rb, CA and SR are all Nissan engines correct. The SR20 seems pretty popular there are a shit load of articals out there and I've only searched for like 15 minutes.

Yeah, I have a dakota now. It's seen better days. A V6 with 220,XXX miles and original everything other then battery, plugs and water pump. Perfect time for a sawp.

I'll talk to Dyno Brian tomorrow about the FoxBody, maybe he can change my perspective.

rb20det= 2 cly turbo inline 6

rb25det= 2.5 liter inline 6

rb26de= 2.6 twin turbo inline 6

ca18det-1.8 4 cly very old and not worth it in my opinion

If you want to stay nissan turbo inline 6 I can get any jdm motor for you. I just came back from TN and bought a 93 mint 240sx coupe for $1500, 100% rust free, perfect interior, and perfect outside. I can get you the whole half skyline for less then 2k to your front door. The trannys in rb's are beefy as crap and are good till around 800hp and the motor is good stock internal for 550-650 hp others have taken them above but I would not recomend doing so.

BIG TURBO and big fuel and its endless for power, they make ass loads of torque and power. unlike 302 blocks they will never split in half everything is forged from factory. If your just looking at 400whp you can do that with the stock twins on the car. There are guys in ohio that have gone 10's with the stock twins.

here are some rb20det swapped cars, these are the cheapest rb engines due to age ect. They are not my cup of tea but you can still make great power with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSz6JB1JbYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oqnfuDHdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1i-WyLLmmU

the rb20's are dirt cheap. and bolt right in compared to the 25 and 26's/

S10 with a swap. Full frame, rear wheels are outside the cab, so no smoke in the cab from burnouts. S&W makes a full backhalf kit if you want to go that far. I've seen big and small blocks swapped into S10s. Aftermarket is rich in parts.

S10v8.com has ALOT of information, but costs a few bucks to join.

Speaking of S10's and RB20's...

you can read this guy and his brothers both rb s10 builds on nico. one is the rb20 his brother has the 25. The fab skills involved are not novice thats for sure, if you seen the build of this truck you can tell it was halfass ratfucked put together. But yes anything is possible.

I'm liking the 240sx a lot more now that I've actually looked into it. I don't need a 10 second car, hell high 11's would still be fast enough for me now. This is more of a learning project and the fact that there is a lot of info and cheap parts make it nice.

I'm liking the 240sx a lot more now that I've actually looked into it. I don't need a 10 second car, hell high 11's would still be fast enough for me now. This is more of a learning project and the fact that there is a lot of info and cheap parts make it nice.

..buy a stock liter bike run 10's all day long an get 45+mpg.... :)