Good Beginner Car to Mod/ Build

Main3s

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something not forced induced. Keep it simple ...

Big motor + N20 then huh...

What about a Dakota? I know there's lots of crap for the RT's. Any good swaps, pluss I already have the truck :D

But so far I like the 240 idea. The Foxbody isn't bad either it's just... well a it's another Foxbody.

Big motor + N20 then huh...

What about a Dakota? I know there's lots of crap for the RT's. Any good swaps, pluss I already have the truck :D

But so far I like the 240 idea. The Foxbody isn't bad either it's just... well a it's another Foxbody.

A RWD Dak V8 could be had for cheap. I would assume they could at least handle a little spray ;)

KillJoy

They make mounts for every engine to be swaped into the 240.

Rb/CA/SR/LSX/302/1jz/2jz/rotary. These all can be store bought fabbed up engine/tranny mounts.

Soooo... Any suggestions on the ones above. The Rb, CA and SR are all Nissan engines correct. The SR20 seems pretty popular there are a shit load of articals out there and I've only searched for like 15 minutes.

If you are interested in a Dakota, here are 3 quickie finds:

<$4,000 with a V8. Not a bad starting point for toy ;)

KillJoy

Yeah, I have a dakota now. It's seen better days. A V6 with 220,XXX miles and original everything other then battery, plugs and water pump. Perfect time for a sawp.

I'd rather have a fox than any 4-cylinder listed in this thread..

I'll talk to Dyno Brian tomorrow about the FoxBody, maybe he can change my perspective.