Transmission or clutch? Youtube video

Browning

1991 s10 2.8 5speed. 185k miles.

When I bought this at the end of last summer(180k) I was told it had a new clutch from advance and a transmission bought from a salvage yard at 170k miles or so. I have never had a problem with neither until now.

Went to pull out yesterday and I couldn't get 3rd gear to catch. shifter would go into 3rd but it acted as if it was in neutral and made a sound similar to what is in the video. After stopping and trying to go again the truck went fine as if nothing happened. Couple miles down the road, in 5th cruising 65-70 on an old country road it did the neutral thing again, the noise and started jerking like the rearend wanted to lockup. Push in the clutch and she rolled fine.

Had it towed home and now this is all I get from it. This is what happens when I let the clutch out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbESNmW6V4M

edit-Here lately I have noticed that 5th gear seemed a little too easy going into. almost no resistance.

those transmission suck....sounds like a cluster bearing is failing...find another and cross your fingers

Marshall's has one for $99 but I fucking hate that place and it's long wait. I haven't even priced a clutch yet

edit-$92 at advance for a clutch set

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Clutch-Set-Perfection_5332834-P_244_R|GRP60006_272073576___