New ps3..slimmer and only 299!

Guest Removed

heard about in the game informer magazine, plus there's also a new PSP coming in October PSPGo, it doesn't use the UMD disk has an internal 16gb hard drive plus room for memory sticks so you can have more space but all games/movies are a download format

heard about in the game informer magazine, plus there's also a new PSP coming in October PSPGo, it doesn't use the UMD disk has an internal 16gb hard drive plus room for memory sticks so you can have more space but all games/movies are a download format

except for the fact that the internals are identical to the PSP, so it's just a refresh, like the DS Lite/DSi, 5 years after launch.

they need a totally new PSP, imho, not just a rehash.

J.R.

Personally i think this is the way to go. I think that adventually there will be no cd's for games or anything like that, itll be all downloaded. I watched something about something like this when they were announcing OnLive a while back. The digital world will overtake cd's etc.

except for the fact that the internals are identical to the PSP, so it's just a refresh, like the DS Lite/DSi, 5 years after launch.

they need a totally new PSP, imho, not just a rehash.

J.R.

true, but the PSPGo has bluetooth built in unlike the current PSP, also I think the current PSP's can be used in some driving games as a rear view mirror when linked with the ps3

Edited by SinisterSS

Awesome, but will it play most PS2 games? I'm going to guess, NO!

who still plays PS2 games? FYI most of the PS1 and soon PS2 games will be available for download on the playstation network they can be played on any of the PSP systems or PS3 with upgraded graphics, so far there's metal gear solid, resident evil, final fantasy 7, syphon filter 1 and 2, twisted metal 1 and 2, that's just a few but the list goes on, and the prices are $5.99-9.99 ea :cool:

Edited by SinisterSS

no backwards compatibility, no care

Well, have fun paying $500+ for the 60GB PS3. If you already have one, then great, this new one doesn't matter to you anyways (regardless of what capabilities it does or doesn't have).

I've not jumped in yet, but I will because of this. I do have an HD DVD player and want to buy a Blu Ray player. Primarily to take advantage or getting Blu Ray disk via Net Flix (I will wait for media to drop some more before I buy). I'll buy the slim when it comes out or the current/old one when the slim comes out if I can find one cheaper (i.e. <$250). Decent Blu Ray players are still $200+ and I've been contemplating one, so I'll spend a little more and get the PS3 along with it.