Just a little update

Buck531

Here's the original thread I asked about.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69618

Now. Here I am 3 weeks later. I took the job. All I can tell you is holy shit it's amazing. Here's what I do.

Work from 6 pm to 2 am. Normally in my lazy boy. See. My job doesn't require me to make outgoing phone calls (even though I support equipment at Chase branches). I wait for an email to come in, do probably 5 minutes worth of work and that's it. I also wait for someone to message me to power down a server for the network project I'm also working. That takes a max of 2 minutes each (12-15 servers a night). So after I do all the above, I can do what I want. I just need to monitor my email and my messages on my laptop.

Hell, last two weeks I went on my deck in the back yard and built a fire and was out there for 3-4 hours chilling.

Also, I've seen more and spent more time with my kids the past 2-3 weeks that I have in a few months.

I work until 2 am. Go to bed around 3. Wake up around 10-11ish. I got all day to do whatever. The past few weeks it's been remodeling the upstairs (taking down the paneling, fixing all the shit the previous owner fucked up on). I'm the cook in the house and this gives me time to cook shit that I've never had time to do before. Stuff that takes an hour to prep, 2 minutes to cook, 5 minutes to eat :). I Just never had that energy/time when I worked 8-5 and came home tired and didn't want to do shit.

Also, now that school is starting, I'll be home for when both my boys come home. If I didn't do this, my wife would have to leave early from her work to come home for the kids. That and I'll be able to handle anything during the day if the kids get sick, I gotta go to school for something, or whatever.

Last year I busted my ass off for the stats and everything else, and someone up top shafted me for a raise. Someone wait up top. A few levels above my manager. My boss then knew I got shafted and never got a reason. That's why he asked me to take this because of the pay increase. It's WAY more than any bonus I could have gotten in the past.

One last thing. Good that I'm taking this shift. My wife is probably going to have a hysterectomy in the winter and she'll be laid up for a good 4-6 weeks and I'll be home to take care of her and the family.

There's my novel :)

Congrats man, glad things are working out so well for you guys and hope it continues.

That does sound like a pretty gravy job, I'd probably have taken it as well.

Yep. I think most people in the other thread didn't understand what I'd be doing and compared it to their jobs. I'm not sitting at my PC 8 hours a night staring at it doing reports, spreadsheets or anything (yet).

Shit, a caveman could do this job :).

so is it permanent if you decide for it to be? id like to work from home, but i do the whole outbound call thing, so i guess it wouldnt be as cool. they even have W@H people, but something about there not being any more contracts, theyve stopped anyone not already W@H from getting there.

so is it permanent if you decide for it to be? id like to work from home, but i do the whole outbound call thing, so i guess it wouldnt be as cool. they even have W@H people, but something about there not being any more contracts, theyve stopped anyone not already W@H from getting there.

Yep.. it's permanent for now. At least the next two years or so.

Yeah, I used to make outbound calls (as well as take incoming calls), but they needed someone for this shift and didn't want to put it over in Manila so I got it :).

We also have branches open until 9 pm (est) that are in Cali that we support too.

You weren't part of the "most".

Yeah, I got a letter a few weeks ago from your company after like a year of waiting.. declining the position.

Did you ever find anything Eli?

LOL, yeah, I guess they turned you down for the position they gave back to me? I'm at the same company. They laid me off and then hired me back, paying me about what my base would have been for the four months I was off. Not really a bad deal. :cool: