Need timing retard assistance

V8 Beast

Cool, what do I need to do the first one? I only do a 175 at most so that and full timing is all I need.

You would just need to set it up to ground pin 56 in connector J1 while spraying and do a full reflash of the PCM into the COS. Honestly you'd be better of letting Dyno Brian hook you up, because then you wouldn't be limited on who can tune the car.

If you are going to use resistors / potentiometer to provide the resistance on the IAT input, make sure they are rated at 1% tolerence and are secured in a weatherproof enclousure away from major sources of heat.

Edit: Be carefull in SD modes as TEMP is a huge factor in the fueling equation.

Ummmmm yeah, I dont have a tuning device. I'm at the mercy of lap tops to pull timing.

IPS does a switch that will pull timing once armed. Call them and talk to brandon and he will explain it more. I think it tricks the IAT sensor to thinking it is really hot out so it pulls timing for you. Eric did it on my car and it worked beautifully. Was 20* on spray and 29* off.

IPS does a switch that will pull timing once armed. Call them and talk to brandon and he will explain it more. I think it tricks the IAT sensor to thinking it is really hot out so it pulls timing for you. Eric did it on my car and it worked beautifully. Was 20* on spray and 29* off.

I thought you said you only sprayed a 150 :o