Newb to CR

MiDe84

Hey guys just wanted to setup a little I-R-Noob thread. My name is Mike I live in Blacklick. I am 25, 6'4, brown hair, blue eyes and like long walks on the beach. No really I am just an average Joe who has an expensive hobby or as my future wife likes to call it my 2nd girlfriend.

That would be my car. I drive a black 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4. I do not have a whole lot done to it. Everything I do have I have installed myself. Working on the car is almost as fun as racing it! The mods include Stage 1 ecu, K&N Drop in, WOT box, and a cheap 3'' intake tube. With my current setup im sitting around mid 13's at about 103-104 mph trap.

I usually go to National Trail Raceway on Friday nights when they have street fights. Ill be there tomorrow feel free to stop by and give me hell since I am the noob and all.

I try and go to as many events as possible in the Ohio area. There was a mini GumBall in Akron I went to in June and that was a blast. Tied first place for time. :D

hopefully you have a good idea as to who I am. If you want any more info let me know. For now ill leave you with some pictures.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_carcopy.jpg http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_IMAG0035.jpg http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_IMAG0039.jpg

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_IMAG0010.jpg http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_IMAG0007.jpg http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/SRTmike08/th_IMAGE_001.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome, sounds like a fun car, you going for 12's?

12's would be nice but the money to get there is a little out of my reach at the moment. I'm happy with my current trap speed and times. Theirs some guy in northern Ohio that has a Caliber running 11's :eek:.

I think the main thing I need to work on is being consistent, As you can see from my 3 drag slips I am not the most consistent.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

• Upvote 1

it needs slammed like that red one

I completely agree. Dave (the orange SRT) has Road Magnet drag springs and it sits really low with a very high spring rate to help with weight transfer at the strip. The thing I do not like about his setup is it looks like it rides very rough. I was following him over some railroad tracks and it looked like Dave and his passenger where bobble heads as I glided over them right after him.

When I do it I want to go for some coilovers so I can still get a decent ride since this is my daily driver and all.

I completely agree. Dave (the orange SRT) has Road Magnet drag springs and it sits really low with a very high spring rate to help with weight transfer at the strip. The thing I do not like about his setup is it looks like it rides very rough. I was following him over some railroad tracks and it looked like Dave and his passenger where bobble heads as I glided over them right after him.

When I do it I want to go for some coilovers so I can still get a decent ride since this is my daily driver and all.

does he have only springs and not aftermarket shocks? if so thats probably why. most times with lowering springs you need to cut the bumpstop to make up for the lower car.

get some GOOD coilovers and you will be happy with your ride.

welcome btw, always liked those cars for some reason. would never own one but they look hot for sure.

Nice car , dont know much about these nor the neon srt4's , do these have the same motor as the car?

The motor in the Neon SRT-4 is different then the one used in the Caliber. A lot of Neon guys look under my hood and say WTF.

The Caliber SRT-4 uses a World engine. Its the same family of engines that powers the Evo X. In fact if you look at an Evo X motor and then look at mine there is very little different. I just wish someone would crack the damn PCM so i can tune the damn thing.

I wish I could lean it out a bit and remove the limits. The damn PCM limits my HP and TRQ to 300 both and I'm pretty close to that now.

wanna race a neon srt? :)

Sure im not afraid to lose. :D Ill be at NTR tonight as long as it doesn't rain.

Welcome, I wish they made those AWD.

Ditto! Chrysler said the AWD system they would have used wouldn't be strong enough and put the SRT-4 out of the price range they where aiming for.

sol740 We are going to have to meet up and play a little follow the leader. The little Caliber can handle turns fairly well. ;)

You wanna race a neon srt?

bring it....

The motor in the Neon SRT-4 is different then the one used in the Caliber. A lot of Neon guys look under my hood and say WTF.

The Caliber SRT-4 uses a World engine. Its the same family of engines that powers the Evo X. In fact if you look at an Evo X motor and then look at mine there is very little different. I just wish someone would crack the damn PCM so i can tune the damn thing.

I wish I could lean it out a bit and remove the limits. The damn PCM limits my HP and TRQ to 300 both and I'm pretty close to that now.

Sure im not afraid to lose. :D Ill be at NTR tonight as long as it doesn't rain.

Ditto! Chrysler said the AWD system they would have used wouldn't be strong enough and put the SRT-4 out of the price range they where aiming for.

sol740 We are going to have to meet up and play a little follow the leader. The little Caliber can handle turns fairly well. ;)

i work so no ntr for me :(

an robs evos slow true story :)

from a dig.. o rly... care to put a bet on this say... a night pass at mad river? :bangbang:

I see you ignored the second part of my reply, so I will do the same.

Oh well, I'll stick to giving the noob a thrashing in the twisties.