WTB: Family car for up to $6k

Bam

Looking for a new daily and to haul the kids and their stuff. Nothing to expensive please, under $6000, and that's like MAX.

Would like a minivan/suv/4door car, but if its a car it can't be a compact one.

Also, trailer hitch/roof racks is a plus.

Not really partial to any makes/models, but no junk please, this has to haul my wife and two young daughters around every day.

Thanks

CASH IN HAND.

Guest tbutera2112

dirt cheap + german car = no fucking way.... first time it breaks, and it will since its a cheap car to begin with, the repair bill will be worth more than the car....only way i would ever own a german car is if it had a warranty, and ide sell it right before the warranty was up

dirt cheap + german car = no fucking way.... first time it breaks, and it will since its a cheap car to begin with, the repair bill will be worth more than the car....only way i would ever own a german car is if it had a warranty, and ide sell it right before the warranty was up

You would have to have taste to own a German car, something you clearly lack. :bangbang::asshole:

:rolleyes: Ever owned a german car? Have any personal experiences or is it all just the regurgitating hearsay?

Its a 2.8L, so no turbo to blow, therefor no worries, those things are solid. They are know to go well into the 200k mile range with little to no problems. Yes, you might run into a electronic issues, which typically consists of replacing a relay or a sensor. Big deal.

Guest tbutera2112
:rolleyes: Ever owned a german car? Have any personal experiences or is it all just the regurgitating hearsay?

Its a 2.8L, so no turbo to blow, therefor no worries, those things are solid. They are know to go well into the 200k mile range with little to no problems. Yes, you might run into a electronic issues, which typically consists of replacing a relay or a sensor. Big deal.

was looking to buy the audi a4 on here and did some research and talked to a few people who own them and the general concensus i got was, not practical without a warranty

was looking to buy the audi a4 on here and did some research and talked to a few people who own them and the general concensus i got was, not practical without a warranty

It all just depends on what goes wrong, which is true for any car. Typically you wont have problems, most expensive thing is labor, which shouldnt be a problem for you because I'm assuming you know how to turn a wrench. German cars are the easiest cars I've worked on, everything is put together in a logical way and easy to get to.

My car (b5 s4) would be probably the 1 german car that a warranty would be nice, because the stock turbos like to blow, are expensive and require an engine pull.

But the OP could always just buy an accord wagon because Honda's last forever :rolleyes:

Guest tbutera2112
It all just depends on what goes wrong, which is true for any car. Typically you wont have problems, most expensive thing is labor, which shouldnt be a problem for you because I'm assuming you know how to turn a wrench. German cars are the easiest cars I've worked on, everything is put together in a logical way and easy to get to.

My car (b5 s4) would be probably the 1 german car that a warranty would be nice, because the stock turbos like to blow, are expensive and require an engine pull.

But the OP could always just buy an accord wagon because Honda's last forever :rolleyes:

or a camry, vert

Lol, while I'd love another VAG car, I'm not sure if its in the cards because of maintenance issues I've had in the past and the fact that we don't have any time to work on them personally although I have quite a bit of basic knowledge.

And pass on all the above other cars...thanks though...

Anyone else? Monies burning a hole in my pocket...

You can also look into a crown vic/grandmarquis. Gigantic trunks, reliable, and with 2.73 gears stock you can see 24-27 mpg.

Yeah, I actually thought about those Saturday, even though she doesn't like how the look.

My biggest thing even though I know they have huge trunks...but can a wagon fit in there? LOL

a kids little red wagon? for sure.

sweet, i was hoping the trunk would swallow one of those. We have a bike rack for the bikes, but needed a place for a wagon.

PIMP.

Now next question, should I even bother with ex-cop cars?

sweet, i was hoping the trunk would swallow one of those. We have a bike rack for the bikes, but needed a place for a wagon.

PIMP.

Now next question, should I even bother with ex-cop cars?

For the most part, no. Most have been beat on, have holes in the dash, interior plastics, trunk, a-pillars etc.. There are some decent ones to be found that are ex-government cars, but they're not prevalent. It's easy enough to find one that used to be grandma or grandpas, which are generally well maintained and not beaten on.

I like these cars :)

Lol, while I'd love another VAG car, I'm not sure if its in the cards because of maintenance issues I've had in the past and the fact that we don't have any time to work on them personally although I have quite a bit of basic knowledge.

No, i dont care what you say, you need a VAG. Perhaps a Jetta TDi Wagon. ~50MPG, lots of room, roofrack, hitch...nice