Should I even waste my time?

Bam

What do you guys think?

http://www.villagecarstore.com/temps/details.cfm?searchvkid=498619

I'm sure I could get it for like $3500 OTD but those miles scare me, honda or not.

Also, what do you guys think about the box Scion's? I've found some reasonably priced like 05/06's for around $7-$8k with 14k and 38k miles...but never been in one.

the miles are up there but it never hurts to look. if theres no leakage or anything itll run well past the 3500 its worth.

looks clean too.

on a side note, those look really good with the newer CRV alloys on them...have only seen one though

and that can probably do/move/drive better than the Scions

My friend has a CRV and as far as a daily goes, I love it. I wouldn't be scared of the mileage, but I don't get how they can still ask that much. The price is the issue IMO. I'd find one cheaper or talk them down.

I've never been in a Scion xB so I can't offer any opinion regarding those

My friend has a CRV and as far as a daily goes, I love it. I wouldn't be scared of the mileage, but I don't get how they can still ask that much. The price is the issue IMO. I'd find one cheaper or talk them down.

I've never been in a Scion xB so I can't offer any opinion regarding those

Same here, I agree on the price, but this is the cheapest by far.

The next cheapest is $4995 for a FADED red one w/ 156k miles....I think they are crazy.

Next cheapest is $5750 for a white one w/ 134k miles, again, lots of money for an 11 year old car w/ lots of miles.

Gonna check on the Scion's, I found an 06 Xb w/ 14k miles, one owner for $7500 obo, I'd much rather pay $7k for a 3 yr old car w/ 15k miles than $4k for a 12 year old car w/ 175k miles.

would get a Cherokee over that any day.

Would you worrry about a 96 jeep w/ 150k on it for $2k?

Sport model, 4x4, 4dr, power windows/locks/cruise, auto?

It's got some miles but everyone says the 4.0l is indestructible, and $2k is a lot less than $4k.

looks like the price is just right according to kelley blue book. though i still find it too high, should be lower if on the interne, still those engines are strong... if properly taken care of like all cars.

the XB is nice i like it and seen it in person. not many people like the box though (i wonder why) I'd rather go with the newer XB, bigger engine :)

Yeah, not seeing any decent ones in terms of mileage/price. People want $5k for a 10yr old one w/ 140k miles.

dealers typically want that kinda money. have to look for private sells.

got my for $4 with 110k miles on its. personally I wouldn't be worried about it the engine, it truly is bullet proof there are people on jeepforums with 400K engines running without issues.

It's got some miles but everyone says the 4.0l is indestructible, and $2k is a lot less than $4k.

I wouldn't be afraid if it seems like it has been taken care of (maintenance kept up). It's not uncommon to see the 4.0L go well into the 200K or even 300+K range without any major maintenance if properly maintained.

Everyone automatically assumes a Honda anything will go a billion miles, but I personally have seen very few examples of anything from Honda or any other maker with a reputation for longevity like that engine.

Not to make it sound like they don't have their quirks, because they do, but they'll get you around for many miles if you keep them up.

Then you would hate a CRV

Otay, :) We're going to check out this 96 jeep tonight, its probably not as nice as what we were looking for/willing to pay, but at this point we just need something to drive, and if its decent it'll do for now, and I'm sure that in the dead of winter I will be able to sell it for $2k anyways.

OK I know Skinner is going to jump all over me on some of this, however some Jeep things to consider since I am on my 14th Jeep.

A 96 I would not worry about if it has been maintained, a later model has the potential for oil pressure problems, yes I know the indestructible 4.0. Also I have seen high mileage 4.0's have head gasket issues, not many, but enough.

However I would agree on taking a Cherokee over a CRV or Xb. You will get more car and a stronger car for the same money. I bought my 02 Grand Cherokee Limited for 5k with 94k on it. You might look into a Grand Cher as well, they DO NOT get a whole lot worse gas mileage than a Cherokeee if they are up to date on servicing.

OK I know Skinner is going to jump all over me on some of this, however some Jeep things to consider since I am on my 14th Jeep.

A 96 I would not worry about if it has been maintained, a later model has the potential for oil pressure problems, yes I know the indestructible 4.0. Also I have seen high mileage 4.0's have head gasket issues, not many, but enough.

However I would agree on taking a Cherokee over a CRV or Xb. You will get more car and a stronger car for the same money. I bought my 02 Grand Cherokee Limited for 5k with 94k on it. You might look into a Grand Cher as well, they DO NOT get a whole lot worse gas mileage than a Cherokeee if they are up to date on servicing.

no you're fine when it comes down to it all cars will have some issues with age. from what I have read about and seen in the past jeeps just have less. :)

no you're fine when it comes down to it all cars will have some issues with age. from what I have read about and seen in the past jeeps just have less. :)

I agree, which is why I am on number 14. I wanted a newer Cherokee Sport like yours, but my Labs like more room hence the Grand Cherokee. Onec you get through some of the typical Jeep items, they make a great bulletproof ride!

I have considered a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but my sister has a 99 and has had it for 4 years and had MANY problems. I also hate the ride. She bought it with 55k miles and it only has 80k miles on it, and she has spent thousands in the shop, even though been hooked up by Turborust here on the forum, he's serviced it since she got it and it's nickle and dimed her to death.

Though it is the V8, but it hasn't just been engine issues.

And she averages 10mpg and I hate the ride, lol.