No Front Plate Tax Donations

TTQ B4U

Have had mine in the windshield since I got a ticket for no front plate in Texas (nothing else). Haven't had one since, though, this is making me rethink it.

I think I'll attach a long, thin pole that sticks out from the front of my car and put my plate on that. Like a swordfish with a license plate on the tip of it's sword. I mean, it has to be on the frontmost part, right?

Is it specific about how it faces? What if I put in horizontal so there's almost no frontal area? I can cut a slot and slide the plate in until the top of the letters, facing up. Even easier to read when you're standing there writing me a ticket. lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got one a few weeks ago in the lancer. Just got a warning though as I had the plate in the passenger door. He gave me the warning and told me to take it to the dealership since they didn't issue me a plate holder and they should know better than to sell cars in ohio without them.

Ive had like 6 prior to this. Once when I had the R parked in the short north over night (oops). Got a $40 parking ticket and a $40 no plate fee, which I called and raised high hell and was absolutely wrong about. Once from a bicycle cop in bowling green, and once it lead to my car being searched even though I was not intoxicated in any way, nor have anything at all in my car.

once it lead to my car being searched even though I was not intoxicated in any way, nor have anything at all in my car.

what was their probable cause? they can't just search your car based on a not having a plate or even getting a speeding ticket. my wife always laughs when she watches COPS and everyone just simply allows the cops to search their cars. Just say NO folks. You don't have to grant permission unless they have cause that a crime has been committed or if your car smells of alcohol or drugs.

what was their probable cause? they can't just search your car based on a not having a plate or even getting a speeding ticket. my wife always laughs when she watches COPS and everyone just simply allows the cops to search their cars. Just say NO folks. You don't have to grant permission unless they have cause that a crime has been committed or if your car smells of alcohol or drugs.

I wasn't in the hurry at the time, I wasn't doing drugs or drinking at all, nor did I have anything in the car or on my but a huge hog chaw dip, so I let him rummage. He never gave any sort of probable cause at all, I didn't even get a ticket out of the ordeal just a warning. If your not doing anything wrong then who gives a shit, but I do agree its a total misuse of power, which 75% of cops are guilty of... and yes, I hate them as well fucking pigs (the majority of them that is).

I would like to note that I just received my second front plate bullshit ticket, in the same car, in two weeks. I showed him the warning I got two weeks ago and told him I didn't have time to make it to the dealership to receive my front plate holder that I paid for in my dealer prep fees and all he said was 'thats unacceptable'. And wrote me the ticket anyway. Thing is it was in the middle of rush hour traffic on 71 and he was an absolute DICK HEAD.

He walks back and says 'in my opinion you need to go there now and tell them to give you a holder or your going to drill holes in the car' and I said 'in my opinion its a completely bullshit law thats just helping you guys meet your fiscal year budget' and smiled and walked away. I didn't sign the ticket either. He didn't even offer me to sign it so im fighting it and i know ill win.

$136. They can suck my nuts as they will never see one dime of it, thank god my mom is a clerk of courts in ohio. I would like to know how 88 in a 65 is $120 but driving without a front plate is $136??? Anyone care to explain why 23mph over the limit is LESS dangerous than a front plate in the state of ohio?

I would like to note that I just received my second front plate bullshit ticket, in the same car, in two weeks. I showed him the warning I got two weeks ago and told him I didn't have time to make it to the dealership to receive my front plate holder that I paid for in my dealer prep fees and all he said was 'thats unacceptable'. And wrote me the ticket anyway. Thing is it was in the middle of rush hour traffic on 71 and he was an absolute DICK HEAD.

He walks back and says 'in my opinion you need to go there now and tell them to give you a holder or your going to drill holes in the car' and I said 'in my opinion its a completely bullshit law thats just helping you guys meet your fiscal year budget' and smiled and walked away. I didn't sign the ticket either. He didn't even offer me to sign it so im fighting it and i know ill win.

$136. They can suck my nuts as they will never see one dime of it, thank god my mom is a clerk of courts in ohio. I would like to know how 88 in a 65 is $120 but driving without a front plate is $136??? Anyone care to explain why 23mph over the limit is LESS dangerous than a front plate in the state of ohio?

You not signing the ticket means nothing moron, you will win nothing because you didn't sign it. Now if you put on the plate and go to court they may just make you pay court fees. Westerville has done that for me. I took it off when I got home. :)

Edited by Benjamin

Have had mine in the windshield since I got a ticket for no front plate in Texas (nothing else). Haven't had one since, though, this is making me rethink it.

I think I'll attach a long, thin pole that sticks out from the front of my car and put my plate on that. Like a swordfish with a license plate on the tip of it's sword. I mean, it has to be on the frontmost part, right?

Is it specific about how it faces? What if I put in horizontal so there's almost no frontal area? I can cut a slot and slide the plate in until the top of the letters, facing up. Even easier to read when you're standing there writing me a ticket. lol

I'm not sure if it is specific about how the plate faces but I have got a warning because my plate is not vertical. It's at about a 45 degree angle on the Fiero and the cop gave me a warning for it but ticketed me for blue lights.

A Worthington officer followed me in to a parking lot today to tell me "Plate it or pay the price." I was polite and waved. I think for the first time in six years, I'm going to bolt on the front plate. I think cars look better without them, but until I'm made of money, I'd rather not worry every time I pass a squad car.

Wasnt there a political movement recently to get rid of this law? What was the outcome, or is it still in the pipeline?

That's what I was just wondering.

When I bought my G8 GT I bought out of state and had the option of leaving it off since it wasn't already on. I told them to put it on and regretted ever since but now I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

When I bought my G8 GXP no way was I going to put it on.