No Front Plate Tax Donations

TTQ B4U

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got hit today on 270/sawmill by perry township. Driving the srt nicely as well, sure enough pulls me over, and gives me the ticket. At this point, I'm aggravated. I proceeded to ask him if he was bored. Long story short, not a good idea. He checked the summons needed box, I went on my way. Get home, about 20 mins later he shows up at my house. Says he might be a dick, but not that much of one. The new fine for a no plate violation is 148 bucks. He tells me to have a plate on asap, and have a nice day. What a shock to me.

I got pulled over for this last night in Grandview.

"Sir the reason I pulled you over is when you passed me I noticed there is no front plate on your car".

"Yes officer that is true, but I have collector plates on this vehicle."

*shocked look kind of stuttering* "I didn't notice that."

Runs my license, asks me how my car qualifies for collectors tags (conversationally), and sends me on my way.

When you have collector tags do you only get 1 plate? I've thought I should have tried to get them for my G8 GXP this year but didn't. I think I will next year.

Nope, you get 2 plates. I think you must have run into a cop that did not know about the plates, as you still have put them both on.

Got hit today on 270/sawmill by perry township. Driving the srt nicely as well, sure enough pulls me over, and gives me the ticket. At this point, I'm aggravated. I proceeded to ask him if he was bored. Long story short, not a good idea. He checked the summons needed box, I went on my way. Get home, about 20 mins later he shows up at my house. Says he might be a dick, but not that much of one. The new fine for a no plate violation is 148 bucks. He tells me to have a plate on asap, and have a nice day. What a shock to me.

What do you mean he showed up at your house? Like he showed up and took back the ticket? That is why he is not that big of one? I'm confused.

He took back the ticket. Plain and simple. And I'm cool with it. How many times does a cop take back a ticket?

wow, thats impressive. never seen that before. I figured he was just being a dick by showing up at your house, which I would have constituted as harrassment.

He took back the ticket. Plain and simple. And I'm cool with it. How many times does a cop take back a ticket?

That is rare. I use to know a couple of those guys. I'm still going to not run a front plate. I know I'm being stubborn and a little stupid but I hate that front plate on my Z06. Never had a front plate on my loud WS6 for over 3 years and never got pulled over. I know my luck is running thin.

I am a completely law abiding citizen on the roads, I usually travel 3-5 mph over the speed limit (not saying I don't speed now and then). I am a model for what all people should study for driving habits, and I've paid 4 no front plate fees, 1 no seat belt (from a bicycle cop) and 1 rolling stop (right turn). I've had 2 legitimate tickets. This is why I have no respect for highway huggers.