pics pics pics!

blacksunshine

Guest tbutera2112
Killer pics. Too bad you got my wheels on the other side of the wall, I had a few 1.5x 60' times and know I yanked the wheels a bit :(

no pics of said wheel yanking? if not, i call BS :p

Good job :thumbup:

A few tips that might help on the next go-round:

• Slow the shutter down and pan. Helps capture the power and speed.
  • Get in close. Zoom in if you have a lens capable.
  • Pick up a Nuetral Density filter too and shoot a little wider open vs stopped down. You'll need that when using a slower shutter on such a sunny day.
  • Center wieght the exposure when you zoom tight. The metering mode you used will tend to create a strong contrast between the cars and sky. Don't let the sky and nice weather control the scene ;)

Here are some examples at 1/125 taken with an 1DMKII. These are late day sun shots vs mid day which helped.

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/Racing/NHRA2009.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/Racing/NHRA2009-2.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/Racing/NHRA2009-3.jpg

Anthony,

One of my favorite pics of my race car is the same way, that little timing light wall hides the front wheels and pavement.

Tim,

Thanks for the tips. Your pictures are awesome. I received a D in photography class in high school, true story.

Roy,

Your honda is one of the few that I like. I never did see a clean pass on Friday though. Are you crazy letting those women drive your car?

Alex,

Thanks for the compliment. The car is supercharged (T-trim) with aftercooler (~18psi). I'm proud to say that I built and tuned the car.

Details: Weldon fuel system, MSD ignition system, ss kooks w/3" ss exhaust, forged bottom end, head work, TKO, true trac w/4.10s and strange axles, some MM suspension equip

My most recent mod is borrowed slicks and a smoked Spec stage 3 clutch. I was able to add the finishing touches to the clutch on Friday. Good clutch though, 6 years of 500+ rwhp beatings.

Anthony,

Roy,

Your honda is one of the few that I like. I never did see a clean pass on Friday though. Are you crazy letting those women drive your car?

Thanks for the comp and your car is nasty lol. My trans hated me friday and I have to set my 2step up higher with that turbo to come alive sooner.. Ya that was my wife driving the car and my sister in the other seat lol.. She just came out of the blue and was like i wanna take it for a pass and I was like ok it has a rev limiter:)

Chopin, Mopar rules. Are you any relation to Brad or Scott Chopin out of Delaware?

Jeff, The 4.10s are great at the track. I am going through the traps at ~7000 rpm, 130 mph. I’m at the top of 4th, I do not shift into 5th gear. On the street, first and second gears require a light gas pedal. With the TKO 0.68 overdrive, highway cruising is fine 80 mph @ 3000 rpm. Appx speed in 5th gear @ 7000 rpm is 189mph.

I usually take pictures of anybody that runs. With two exceptions, if you ran while I was at the starting line there is a picture of your car/bike. My wife takes pictures when I’m driving.

Dave

thanks for the pics awsome. i need someone with good camera skills and somone good at camcorders. i want to go back with the 4.10s and get my 8s pass on 9lbs. then swap gears back from 4.10s to 3.90s and run 15lbs. shooting for 8.50s on 15 lbs. it will proably be at norwalk or kilkare with the chute.