sporty cars that lease well??

ghost1647545489

Leasing is a waste of money compared to most buy scenarios. If car renter is ok with that, no problem. :) If it's a company car, done deal, but not if I'm paying for it, hell naw.

To me it's just another way Americans can "buy" more than they can afford. But hey, we'll all forget the financial melt down and the role of the American consumer soon enough. What role you say? Point already made in that case...

When are they going to give credit cards away like candy again, I need a few more, the ones I have are full... need to pack that debt up, slice it into nice little packets, sell it overseas, and get my cards refilled, cause this is uhmERICA!

Leasing is a waste of money compared to most buy scenarios. If car renter is ok with that, no problem. :)

Yes/no. Leasing will be more costly over the long term, say a 10yr period vs buying a vehicle out-right. However, over the past 10 years of a decent economy, not many people ever paid off their car and drove it long enough to bring their total cost of ownership down very much at all.

Hell, look around here....how many people have changed cars in the past few years? A lot. Considering how many $45k+ cars are being driven by people who don't even have the deed to their home....IMO, that's even more of a waste. People blow $650-$900 mo driving cars that cost 50-80% of their annual salary, yet they don't consider how much of a waste that is vs paying off debt, including their own home. That's a waste considering a cars depreciation rate.

To me it's just another way Americans can "buy" more than they can afford. But hey, we'll all forget the financial melt down and the role of the American consumer soon enough. What role you say? Point already made in that case...

Again, yes/no. Many do push the limits, but then see my point above....it's not the fault of a lease program or it being offered....it's the fault of the person signing on the bottom line. Just like buying a home, you have to make sound judgments on how you finance anything. How many dumb asses did a 5-7yr ARM on a house during the past decade.....when rates for 30yr fixed were at record lows then scrambled to secure a fixed rate along with all those interest only loan idiots left upside down now. Same folks who likely lease a car for that's completely out of whack percentage wise vs what they make. The previous comments are not "blanket" of course, but a very high percentage of folks went into those situations when it was not right for them. I know, my wife's been bailing them out of years now.

Found a 2005 audi S4 41,000 miles, does anyone know of expensive maintenance in upcoming miles?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311969&highlight=maintenance

Early B6 Build Date: It is known that some early build date S4's (8/03) had some engine problems. Those problems should have occurred by now or have been fixed/replaced. Although it is a relatively big concern when purchasing a car, be aware that not all of the early builds had problems. The ones that did should of/have been fixed by now. If you are that concerned with an early build S4 either looker for a newer one or purchase and extended warranty.

Coil Pack Failure: One of the most common issues with the B6/B7 S4 is a coil pack failure. This problem can be identified by a CEL/Flashing CEL accompanied by mis-fires and a hard idle. Coil packs cost around $30 each new. If your coil packs fail under warranty they will be replaced by the dealer.

Common Engine Codes for a Coil Pack Failure:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

16686 - Cylinder 2: Misfire Detected

Starter Issues: There are several cases where the started has gone on the S4. You can most likely detect a bad started while turning the key to start the car, NOTHING will happen. Is you do not have a warranty, this can be a rather expensive repair.

Cost: Basic maintenance on the B6/B7 S4 is not one of the cheapest vehicles to own. Please be aware of this while considering your purchase. Below is an example of what to expect if you are going to perform maintenance by yourself.

Oil Changes: 9.5 Quarts Ow40/5w40 + Oil Filter

- Expect to pay anywhere from $80-$120 depending on your choice of Motor Oil and the Oil Filter

Spark Plugs: 8 Plugs

- Expect to pay around $50+ depending on the spark plugs you choose. Plugs for this car range around $6-$7 per plug.

Air Filter: 1 OEM or Aftermarket Filter

- Expect to pay around $20-$25 on an OEM filter

Valve Cover Gaskets: Both Gaskets + Half Moon Seals + Coil Pack Seals

- Expect to pay anywhere from $60+ for a complete set. Price varies by dealer and retailer

And don't forget that when leasing, the vehicle has a set value at a future date. I lease my tow vehicles and use the crap out of them. Turn them in and walk away. They are just about all used up after 4 years of towing and worth WAY less than the residual. The latest lease I have is an 06 Silverado - Goes back in March and isn't worth 1/2 of the residual value. I paid way less for it than I would have to buy and the value is way lower than it should be since the truck market tanked... The last one I turned in was a suburban and it was 74,992 miles of HARD life when I turned it in. The residual was crazy high and my payments were that of an accord to lease it. ($40k+ truck for $20k car payment) Leasing works great for me. I'm happy with how I 'play' the system and am not spending crazy money on a car payment.

(Also have $0 CC or other debt - Just a house payment and one car lease. Own all my other cars and trailers)

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311969&highlight=maintenance

Early B6 Build Date: It is known that some early build date S4's (8/03) had some engine problems. Those problems should have occurred by now or have been fixed/replaced. Although it is a relatively big concern when purchasing a car, be aware that not all of the early builds had problems. The ones that did should of/have been fixed by now. If you are that concerned with an early build S4 either looker for a newer one or purchase and extended warranty.

Coil Pack Failure: One of the most common issues with the B6/B7 S4 is a coil pack failure. This problem can be identified by a CEL/Flashing CEL accompanied by mis-fires and a hard idle. Coil packs cost around $30 each new. If your coil packs fail under warranty they will be replaced by the dealer.

Common Engine Codes for a Coil Pack Failure:

16684 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

16686 - Cylinder 2: Misfire Detected

Starter Issues: There are several cases where the started has gone on the S4. You can most likely detect a bad started while turning the key to start the car, NOTHING will happen. Is you do not have a warranty, this can be a rather expensive repair.

Cost: Basic maintenance on the B6/B7 S4 is not one of the cheapest vehicles to own. Please be aware of this while considering your purchase. Below is an example of what to expect if you are going to perform maintenance by yourself.

Oil Changes: 9.5 Quarts Ow40/5w40 + Oil Filter

- Expect to pay anywhere from $80-$120 depending on your choice of Motor Oil and the Oil Filter

Spark Plugs: 8 Plugs

- Expect to pay around $50+ depending on the spark plugs you choose. Plugs for this car range around $6-$7 per plug.

Air Filter: 1 OEM or Aftermarket Filter

- Expect to pay around $20-$25 on an OEM filter

Valve Cover Gaskets: Both Gaskets + Half Moon Seals + Coil Pack Seals

- Expect to pay anywhere from $60+ for a complete set. Price varies by dealer and retailer

Don't forget $7k or so to do the Timing Chains/Tensioners when it gets around 100K. This puts the nails in the coffin for the B6/B7 IMO.