For all you movie downloader/burners congrats...blockbuster to close 1000 stores

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on taking down a major movie retailer. Now theres more peple flooding the already saturated job market.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/331218/Blockbuster-Closing-Hundreds-More-Stores-Than-Planned?tickers=bbi,nflx,cmcsa,twc,goog

Keep stealing boys/girls!!

Don't mind if I do.

SUCK IT I DARE YOU

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2415/suckitj.jpg

I'm guessing that most of you don't actually pay attention to the prices when you walk into a store. A new release (within the last year) is $5 to rent, an older movie (past 1 year is only $2 rent. The online program hasn't been in existence as long as netflix which is why they have almost 7million customers to BB's 2million. BB is trying out an online program for games as well as movies. They are working with TIVO to allow customers to download movies from home once they buy the TIVO devices.

A lot of the stores are closing because there were too many in a specific area. A lot of business is being lost due to redbox because they are cheaper, but a lot of the customers that go to redbox end up going to BB because the movie they wanted was out of stock. BB has a better selection of movies as well as much higher quantities. If people could actually return movies on time BB wouldn't have restocking fee's or late fee's in the past. You can have a movie for 5 days with a 5 day grace period because 90% of its customers don't bring back the movie after 1 day.

The online program BB uses also allows you to exchange your movies from the mail in the stores. Netflix doesn't have that option. Customers also have the option for unlimited in-store exchanges with the monthly pass. Yes stores are closing but its not because of the downloaders and burners.

Edited by 01sentrase2.0

Good job on taking down a major movie retailer. Now theres more peple flooding the already saturated job market.

This thread is retarded...as is your logic. Keep thinking the way you do and you just may be hitting the already flooded market too...If you want to blame someone for something, get the facts first.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/331218/Blockbuster-Closing-Hundreds-More-Stores-Than-Planned?tickers=bbi,nflx,cmcsa,twc,goog

Did you even read the article? No where in that article does it metion that BB is closing the stores due to online priacy.

It wasn't only movie rentals that blockbuster sucked at, their game rentals went down the drain too.

Console games are much harder for the average user to pirate (playing most requires soldering in a modchip) so you CANNOT say piracy caused them to go out of business when it comes to games. Gamefly made them go out of business with game rentals, by using the same business model as Netflix.

To be honest, I am surprised blockbuster made it THIS LONG. Especially with INSTANT movie rentals from time warner and such..

I'm the owner/operator of Blockbuster INC and I am so angry with you guys right now. You ruined my fun, I got to charge totally awesome prices and fees, and then you bastards had to screw it all up by finding other more "inexpensive and less irritating" ways of renting movies. What are all those special needs kids that I hired as "checkout consultants" going to do now ? Lick the bus windows clean for public school systems ? For shame on you greedy bastards, for SHAME !