need some machine shop, or gunsmith help

BiG BeN

Busted a spring on my pocketknife and the manufacturer is "out of stock" on my lifetime warrantied knife. So i'm "out of luck". Anyone have a hookup on some local talent that can make a little spring? hell a batch of them would probably sell.

http://i35.tinypic.com/jt2p2t.jpg

Busted a spring on my pocketknife and the manufacturer is "out of stock" on my lifetime warrantied knife. So i'm "out of luck". Anyone have a hookup on some local talent that can make a little spring? hell a batch of them would probably sell.

Have you tried talking to Brian at Rivers Edge Cutlery off Fishinger Blvd? That guy really knows his knifes and could probably get you fixed up.

How long until they have more stock?

sounds like never, and even if they did i doubt they would honor my warranty because of the ohio automatic knife laws and me not being law enforcement.

edit: the solutions offered by the knife forum i frequent so far has been to buy a 30$ chinese ripoff and harvest the spring from that, but i don't really want a cheapass spring in my pocketknife

sounds like never, and even if they did i doubt they would honor my warranty because of the ohio automatic knife laws and me not being law enforcement.

Brian told me if I ever had problems with my HK (Benchmade) Auto-axis knife he could send it in to be warrantied and he'd call me back in to pick it up. He said if you sent it in yourself they'd probably just keep it and fuck you over. He's a nice guy.

Dropped it off with Brian at river's edge. He's gonna send it back for me and doesn't anticipate any problems. In retrospect my " out of stock" comment was a reply from microtech when i asked about purchasing a spring. They probably just don't want to sell me a spring.