Fuel pump, again?

Browning

Injectors are dry as can be. Fires when a little fuel is dumped into the throttle body. Pump only makes noise every now and then. shouldn't it make noise every time the key is turned on?

Just put a fuel pump in this thing last summer. Pretty sure it's just passed the one year warranty but could be wrong.

Injectors are dry as can be. Fires when a little fuel is dumped into the throttle body. Pump only makes noise every now and then. shouldn't it make noise every time the key is turned on?

Just put a fuel pump in this thing last summer. Pretty sure it's just passed the one year warranty but could be wrong.

How strange. I just replaced a fuel pump in a friend's S10 this last summer. Wonder if they're starting a trend...

As far as I know, yes, you should hear the pump build pressure every time you turn the key on it shouldn't really matter. If it rolls over with injector fluid and you're hearing the pump being temperamental... then I would say you've found your problem.

I might suggest borrowing a fuel pressure gauge from the local parts store (simple test).

Good luck!

How strange. I just replaced a fuel pump in a friend's S10 this last summer. Wonder if they're starting a trend...

As far as I know, yes, you should hear the pump build pressure every time you turn the key on it shouldn't really matter. If it rolls over with injector fluid and you're hearing the pump being temperamental... then I would say you've found your problem.

I might suggest borrowing a fuel pressure gauge from the local parts store (simple test).

Good luck!

I have shitty hearing so I had the g/f listen while I turned the key over. It worked like twice out of five tries. But yeah, fires right up with a few drops of gas poured into the throttle body

I have shitty hearing so I had the g/f listen while I turned the key over. It worked like twice out of five tries. But yeah, fires right up with a few drops of gas poured into the throttle body

If it's running on starter fluid and not by itself, it's not getting fuel...

Test your fuel pressure, definitely, then go from there. :nod:

yes and no on the pump coming on with every key flick. after so many, it wont turn the pump on, cause it dont see any oil pressure.

are you using delco pumps? or cheap aftermarket pumps? another way to help keep from burning the pump up, is to always keep the tank above 1/4 tank. the fuel is what cools the pump.

yes and no on the pump coming on with every key flick. after so many, it wont turn the pump on, cause it dont see any oil pressure.

are you using delco pumps? or cheap aftermarket pumps? another way to help keep from burning the pump up, is to always keep the tank above 1/4 tank. the fuel is what cools the pump.

dunno it's just a $50 pump from advance. I'm thinking that was my problem.

i can get them, and should should be able to get them from any where that sells ac delco replacement parts. advance,zone,napa and so on.

shoot me a pm with year,make,model and engine size and i'll see what i can do for you on it.

my supplier stocks most all of them.and the price is normally cheaper if not on par with parts store stuff.

What pump is it?

I know we have a ton of returns on some brands of fuel pumps. I would recommend a delco pump, i've never seen one of those returned, i think bosch might be a little cheaper, but those have a lifetime warranty...so either way you wouldn't be out the money if you got one of those

If possible make sure the pump is getting power and is grounded. Had a friend replace a fuel pump only to realize the frame was rusted and the ground wire was not making contact the way it should. Once he fixed the ground it worked like a charm.

I cleaned the spot on the frame really well when I changed it last time.

edit-advance says it's not under warranty still. Gonna see what the guy across the street can get.

Edited by Browning