do want! v. raptor

Ramsey

^^^ Maybe you should ask yourself...."If I were are flaming homosexual, which would I rather drive? An F150 or an Audi? " You can't fight it man.

I'm not admitting to being gay, but I would question anyone who would DD that truck over an Audi.

The new motor is not in it till next year :( I think its a 6.0 or something like that.

The motor is not what you are buying in my mind. It's just going from high 5.xL to a 6.2L, few more HP and TQ. You buy that truck, in theory, for it's off road capabilities. The little difference in power is nothing. Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick I'd get the bigger engine. But if I had the money and really wanted one I wouldn't think twice about getting the current one. You'd be dumb to wait over a few tenths of a liter engine size increase.

I too would rock the fuck out of one of these.

No need to reply if you own a two door car that weighs more than a Ford Ranger.

Um, what does the T/A have to do with this? I was talking about the Raptor and I do have an F-150 as well. It's a pig and I bet it weighs more than a Ranger too.

http://image.4wheeloffroad.com/f/17785645+w750+st0/131_0906_03_z+may_2009_4x4_auto_news+ford_f150_raptor_baja.jpg

Ford entered the 631 mile race with a single mission: Finish the race. But as exemplified by the thousands of demolished vehicles that headed to the Baja in years prior, the seemingly simple mission is definitely easier said than done. Amazingly, the Raptor R accomplished its goal and for added sweetness, placed third in Class 8. The truck ran in the more beefed up off-road class due to it not being eligible for the Stock Full Class, a production based segment that it was initially targeted to participate in.

As a result of classification, the Raptor R was prepared for hardier Baja battle by SVT engineers along with some help from Ford Racing and Foutz Motorsports Inc. Multiple modifications were undertaken for it to keep up with the more powerful race-ready Class 8 trucks, with only the transmission, axles, brakes and frame remaining from the upcoming production model. A more powerful 500-hp raced-tuned 6.2L V-8 was placed under the hood to keep it in contention as well.

When it hits showrooms next summer, the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor will initially receive the current F-150's 310-hp 5.4L V-8, with the bigger (likely 400-hp) 6.2L V-8 arriving winter 2009.

Source: Ford

Not to mention the Fox shock set up would set most people back a good $4K alone with what's on the truck. Minus a few styling ques, it's looks to be a hell of a fun truck. I have a feeling FRPP will release the 6.2 crate motor after SEMA this year ;)

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/trucks/2010-ford-svt-f150-raptor-uses-military-grade-suspension-hardware/24854729+cr1+re0+ar1/163-news090821-02z-ford-svt-f150-raptor-suspension.jpg

6.2L 400 hp available winter of 2010 :)

Most likely the new Mustang GT motor as well ;)

the 6.2l is definitely not going in the mustang, not any time soon anyways. the new GT V8, coming out next year, will be the 'coyote' 5.0l. based on the 4.6l mod motor, slightly larger bore, slightly longer stroke, DOHC, all aluminum, VVT, ready for direct injection(though not shipping with it initially). HP should be about 400, torque should be about 360ish. this was original gonna be for a BOSS SE mustang about 2 years ago, with a 5.8l(low deck version of the 6.2l) going in the GT around this time, but the CAFE regs and gas prices canceled those plans. the 6.2l is staying a truck only engine for the foreseeable future. there will also be a truck version of the 5.0l for the F150, with about 370HP and 400lb-ft. the ecoboost 3.5l will replace the 4.6l, and the 5.0l will replace the 5.4l(the 6.2l is only being offered in the H-D and raptor versions of the F150). the super dutys are now running the 6.2l and the new ford designed 6.7l powerstroke(rumored to make ~390HP, ~720lb-ft!), both with a new 6 speed auto. the 6.8l V10 is only available in chassis-cabs.

and that's basically the outlook for ford V8s(also, the GT500 getting an aluminum block next year) for the next 5 or so years(barring any unforeseen SEs).

forgot to add, the raptor R race truck only had an intake, exhaust, cams, and tune and was making 100HP over stock! the 6.2l block can also be bored and stroked out to 7.5l!!!

I'm not admitting to being gay, but I would question anyone who would DD that truck over an Audi.

drive a truck = look like a man

drive a audi = 85% chance being homo

i think the choice is easy here. and we see which side of the tracks your walking along

drive a truck = look like a man

drive a audi = 85% chance being homo

i think the choice is easy here. and we see which side of the tracks your walking along

I would own that truck; it's hawt. However, if I could only have a single vehicle, an awd Audi trumps it.