Hunting in my backyard. Legal?

AWW$HEEET

The problem with it, and what most people don't realize, is that you most likely aren't going to drop a deer instantly with 1 shot from your bow, so the concern is, do you have permission to track onto your neighbors property?

The problem with it, and what most people don't realize, is that you most likely aren't going to drop a deer instantly with 1 shot from your bow, so the concern is, do you have permission to track onto your neighbors property?

They dont give a fuck. My concern is that it would run out on reynoldsburg new albany road and get hit.

Its not that you cant shoot them (with a gun) on private property, the only laws that would matter are the normal gun laws for your area, if you live out of the city limits and its normally okay to fire a gun on your property then yes, you can shoot a deer. Actually a deer and fuck ton of squirls just dies yesterday at the hands of my buddy and his 303 on his parents 15 acers down south of Circleville. Supposed to head down there now to help butcher it.
  • Confused 1

Its not that you cant shoot them (with a gun) on private property, the only laws that would matter are the normal gun laws for your area, if you live out of the city limits and its normally okay to fire a gun on your property then yes, you can shoot a deer. Actually a deer and fuck ton of squirls just dies yesterday at the hands of my buddy and his 303 on his parents 15 acers down south of Circleville. Supposed to head down there now to help butcher it.

Calling ranger now on your buddy shooting deer with rifle.

DON'T SHOOT DEER ILLEGALLY YOU FUCKSTICKS!!!!!

• Downvote 1

That's called poaching. Only way to LEGALLY shoot a deer out of season is to get a special permit. Occasionally towns will allow it if there is a severe overpopulation, but that's not going to happen in central Ohio. Other way is if you have a farm, then you can get permits to do it if they are destroying crops. Otherwise, its illegal. Also, if you live within city limits, then discharging a firearm is going to be illegal also.

http://ohiodnr.com/news/home_page/newsreleasefeed/tabid/18276/EntryID/392/Default.aspx

EDIT: Oh yeah, like LJ just said, no where in Ohio can you legally shoot deer with a rifle.

And don't think that the Ranger would sluff it off if I called. A friend of mine just got promoted to a District Supervisor Wildlife Officer for taking down a few guys who were shooting deer with .223 then sticking an arrow in the wound and taking them to check in. It was also the first restitution case.

http://www.buckmasters.com/bm/Resources/Articles/tabid/135/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/705/Default.aspx

Just get in your car and drive around your lawn/property and accidentally "hit" one. That way you can say he jumped out in front of you and you couldn't swerve.

LOL, isn't that the truth!

How fucked up is it that you can pretty much drive down the street, wreck a car, get hurt, spend tens of thousands on insurance due to an "accident" yet to take out a deer on private property, by proper means is illegal and causes all the officials in the world to throw a fit.

you dont need a rifle in ohio. the way the land is here a shotgun does the job easily. I have been hunting for a long time and never have any issues droping them. Anyway, you should be able to use a bow no problem. As far as trackng goes, i dont believe you have to have permission to track a deer over another persons property? I am not 100%. I hunt on private land and dont have this problem.

Your buddy's last name isn't McCarley, is it? :lol:

Your buddy's last name isn't McCarley, is it? :lol:

that right there is some funny. shit. If anyone knows the story behind it then they would be laughing..

Anyone need a fred bear compund bow i got one for sale. Comes ready to shot with everything......

shot a squirrel with a 303? what was left????