2005 Subaru Wrx and 2.5RS

armin922

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned my 03 WRX since 60,000mi and it's been pretty good to me. When I bought it the car had a catless up-pipe and full 3in catless turbo back. With that being said I purchased an Cobb AccessPort, flashed stage 2 and she's been a great daily driver ever since. Some issues I have had were:

1. Cracked Radiator at about 80k

2. Broken windsheild wiper linkage at around 70k

3. Blown struts at about 123k

4. Bad O2 Sensor at 110k

5. Stripped oilpan drain plug (not the vehicles fault) at 90k

6. CV joint boot split @ 75k

The car now has 123,000mi on it and I still love the thing. When we had the "blizzard" a year or two ago and most cars were stranded the AWD was great. Note I don't beat on my car by any means as its my only vehicle but I do have fun while driving it. I'd definetly recommend a WRX to anyone looking for a fun daily driver.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had an O2 go bad.

Also, it was puking oil and trans fluid when I first got it.

Oh OK. Have you seen the GTR in person?

From numerous things I've read from him on here I've gathered it's his dad's. I also think he's able to drive it often? I haven't seen him say as much (maybe he has and I just haven't read it). I stated this in another thread of his (talking about which cars to get) and as far as I know he never responded to it. I was simply trying to help him out in that thread because everyone thought he had GTR money and were pointing him at much more expensive cars than what he was asking about.

The GT-R is gone now. It was me and my dad's collectively. I had it for more time than he did actually. We have a yellow Ferrari 275 now, which I will probably never see in my driveway. The EVOX interior is far superior, in my opinion, to the subaru interior. The subbie interior is way too cluttered for me, and everything is just black. At least with the mitsubishi's they give you a couple tones in the interior, plus the carbon fiber accents and the recaro seats are far better than what you get in the STI. Do the STI's even come with momo wheels anymore?

And I said the lancer/ ralliart do ride far better than the 2.5rs/wrx. I didn't say they handled better, cornered better, or had better suspensions, I said they ride better. In a daily driver I don't want to be permanently glued to the road, and feel every butt jarring bump. I want to be able to cruise if I want, and corner if I want. I don't want them both 24/7.

And to the dickhead that said I don't own the GT-R, an 09 lancer, or the 275 Ferrari. Blow me.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/5130_673130399330_20913316_39035118.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/GT-RFront.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/matty2431/Lancerold.jpg

do you need more?

And to the dickhead that said I don't own the GT-R, an 09 lancer, or the 275 Ferrari. Blow me.

do you need more?

No offense, as I dont know you from a hole in the wall, but I can GIS pics and save them to my computer.. How is this proof you own them?

He asked for photos. There they are. The lancer i'm more than willing to drive over in front of your eyes any time. The ferrari id be more than happy to come spring. And the GT-R is gone, but I'm sure I can dig up more photos, of the car, myself in the car, my friends in the car etc etc etc. I can even provide expert testimony from friends that have ridden/ driven the car themselves.

But I'm not going to because I don't know any of you from a hole in the wall either, I came to one get together at polaris, someone mentioned there was a forum. I like cars, so I joined.

I wear a 32B.

You really are a cranky old man. I'm sorry to hurt your ego, but I don't need your vindication. Nor do I appreciate you patronizing me. Like I just said, I don't have the GT-R anymore, me and my father just picked up a 275, if you would like to see it, I have absolutely no problem bringing it to a cars/ coffee in the spring. I have a couple of posts here trying to figure out where people hung out with their cars at night so I could bring the GT-R around and I got nothing. Fijimazda was going to borrow it for a weekend and write an article about it, but we sold it that weekend for the ferrari. He will most likely get to drive it when I get it in the spring for an article... because he hasn't been a total douche bag like you have.

And I never claimed to have an evo first off and second off I wasnt talking about an VIII or an IX, I was talking about the EVOX interior vs the 09 STI interior. It is my personal opinion that I like the mitsubishi's more than the STI's. I have driven three different WRX's, one being an 08 STI. I didn't like the way the car rode, period. That was the point of my post, sorry it forced a grain of sand in your vagine.

And calling me 13 is borderline hilarious. I have a college education, and a very good one at that, along with a very reputable job. You might want to see my N/A Lancer before I dump it and you claim I didn't own it either. Maybe you can scope out the new audi I get, I'm sure it rides better than an STI too.

And I never claimed to have an evo first off and second off I wasnt talking about an VIII or an IX, I was talking about the EVOX interior vs the 09 STI interior. It is my personal opinion that I like the mitsubishi's more than the STI's. I have driven three different WRX's, one being an 08 STI. I didn't like the way the car rode, period. That was the point of my post, sorry it forced a grain of sand in your vagine.

This is my point bro, you are speaking of apples and oranges, this thread is about an 05 WRX or 2.5rs. hence the EVO 8-9 Comparisons. Your opinion is on completely different chassis and cars now. I'm not the one off topic. Again, please butt out of a topic with your un-informed opinion of the topic at hand. Read the title of the thread again sir.

I'm sure an 09 C6 Zo6 is nicer than a 03 Cobra.

My 03 WRX rode like a luxury car when I got it. And it had dead struts at the time too. I even have since upgraded to D-spec struts and STI springs and it's still a nicer ride than my STI. I think the WRX is a VERY comfortable ride in slock or close to stock form. If you rode in one that was rough, it sounds like it had coilovers, and all but maybe two or three sets of coilovers are way over-damped for the street.

I'm not saying it was a bad ride, it was definitely an intense ride in the STI. I'm giving props to the car's mad handling, which compared to my lancer is far more tuned and responsive.

If you would've read my post before getting your panties in a bunch you would see I was agreeing with another poster that said just buy an EVO and forget the subarus. And I said I think the EVO rides nicer than the STI... in my opinion. The only gripe you can have with the EVO possibly not being more comfortable of a drive than the STI, is the recaro seats. They're harder than the more luxurious seats of the STI, I think it handles better than the STI all while providing a good ride. The EVO is a better car, period. Subaru's are for die hards.

Dude the STI is not the track car, the Evo9mr is the track car. :nono: every magazine and reviewer has the same opinion, top gear Motor trend whatever. All say the STI is the better public road car and the EVO 8-9 is rougher and corners better. We are not talking about the stupid EVO 10, get it through your head. You even admit to driving neither an 05 STI, 05 WRX, or EVO 8-9, so tell what is your opinion based on? I have owned 3 WRXs and 1 STI, I have test driven an 8 and a 9mr. The cars you are talking about have NO bearing on this thread, the OP is not intrested in a new car. He's asking about an 05 model. You realize and EVO 8 and 9 is not a 2008 and 2009 model right?

This is my point bro, you are speaking of apples and oranges, this thread is about an 05 WRX or 2.5rs. hence the EVO 8-9 Comparisons. Your opinion is on completely different chassis and cars now. I'm not the one off topic. Again, please butt out of a topic with your un-informed opinion of the topic at hand. Read the title of the thread again sir.

I'm sure an 09 C6 Zo6 is nicer than a 03 Cobra.

thanks spaceghost. And yes, i did ask about the wrx and 2.5 RS. If i wanted a mitsubishi i would have said so. So please dont crap up my thread. THANKS

I vote for the wrx, but I am a little biased. I have owned 3 and all have been great. I'll get an STi one of these days if I come across the right one. But it's low on the priority list at the moment.

I think the WRX platform is terrific for the driving I do which is about 90% highway and 10% city. It works very well for me in the changing climates here, too.

I am not saying the WRX is the best car ever, but I can tell you I have no complaints out of the ones I have owned over the years for what I've been doing with them.

For what it's worth, a very good friend bought an 06...(?) 2.5 impreza brand new and has driven it cross-country at least twice, and put about 60k miles on it with no trouble whatsoever. As odd as it may sound, it drives EXACTLY like an old Audi 4000 with a bit more grunt. Seriously.