1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the winter, send it back to RPM and get a brake. I am :D

You have no idea what problems IPS and I went through with one of their workers there. I might and I might not depending on what RPM says about my little issue with my trans. Rob the car will stall up to 2500 or so till it starts pushing.

Guest Removed
You have no idea what problems IPS and I went through with one of their workers there. I might and I might not depending on what RPM says about my little issue with my trans. Rob the car will stall up to 2500 or so till it starts pushing.

is it building boost then?

Is it still having issues? I've actually used another source to deal with RPM and had very good luck.

I can get mine to 3000-3200 before it pushes. I'm loving this new Circle-D converter.

Guest Removed
Is it still having issues? I've actually used another source to deal with RPM and had very good luck.

I can get mine to 3000-3200 before it pushes. I'm loving this new Circle-D converter.

4 clutch lock up, hits like a bitch dont it...

should have got a switch pitch stator.

2000 rpm stall on the street

5000 an the track :lol:

No I am trying to get them to send some of my money back since it took so long and the told me a 3 week turn around.

is it building boost then?

No not really

Guest Removed
No I am trying to get them to send some of my money back since it took so long and the told me a 3 week turn around.

No not really

you could try to 2 step it @ 2000 or 2200 and see if that helps......

but leaving off idle at the track may help the converter flash

.7 60', you'll yank the ground up with you.

No, you can't get in it. You show up to NTB, then you can :D

Damn, last time that happened I crossed the finish line before my car did.

I told you guys I dont do 60 degrees or less. I'm out of sick days and you white guys are used to this cold shit :lol:

Guest Removed
coan is ok, but the converter they sold me for a glide years ago, never worked the way they said it should. always too loose. sent it back 5 times, after that i told them to keep the thing. cant remember where i got the billet converter from(for that car), but its nice and tight, and built to the specs i wanted.

Not enough information given. Without specs on suspension and tire near impossible to guess. If the BMW has IRS, and a stock block 5.0 wheelhop and block failure are quite possible. If the f-body has stock 7 5/8" rear so failure is quite possible but looking beyond potential component failure, I lean towards the f-body for the slight power advantage, as it has been ran down the track more frequently so its launch and shiftpoints are better known (programmed), and is closer to its originally engineered setup (aolid axle, torque arm, relatively big rear fender wells) than the bmw AFAIK. And to those comparing drivers how much driving is really involved, honestly with automatic transmissions and slicks? And to the comments of the automatic and boost- aren't both cars equipped as such? I apologize if I am misinformed.

Someone should setup a poll... it appears the forum is leaning towards the bmw but it may be closer than it looks if a poll were setup.

My rear is not fail :)

BTW, running and auto and slicks is not as easy as mashing the gas as people might think.

true its not as easy as it looks but you pegging offf the rev limiter in an auto takes alot of skills :p

just talking some shit stirring the pot :)