158 members have voted

1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best guess using the info provided, my experience with cars and knowing nothing about how either car runs or their drivers I'm goanna say...

Anthony

Weight = 3400lbs

WHP = 575? (splitting the dif between the 550 and 610)

60ft = 1.5 or 1.6 (again I don't know anything about his car or driving abality but based on the comments a 1.5 60ft seems fair ;) )

1/4 E.T. = 10.6xx

1/4 MPH = 127

Sam

Weight = 2700lbs

WHP = 395

60ft = 1.4 or 1.5

1/4 E.T. = 10.8xx

1/4 MPH = 123

Winner = Anthony by a half car length. Either way it sounds like a damn good race especially since they're very different cars. Make suer you update this thread with the results. :D Oh and you should run best 2 outta three just to make sure!

It made 610+ rwhp and 570+ rwtq last month ;)

You need to shut it. I'd place my car against your car that if you drove mine, you'd run like 14s :p

I

This is not the situation there sir. He asked if your car would beat his. I asked if you are driving your car, since I know Sam will be driving his and I know Sam is a hell of 1320 driver. You vs him in a close race, I say him. Nothing personal hoss. I'm not sure why my car was brought up, but any who. Sam in a close race. :p

P.S. Unless you have a ringer drive yours then, maybe, the TA. :p

My best guess using the info provided, my experience with cars and knowing nothing about how either car runs or their drivers I'm goanna say...

Anthony

Weight = 3400lbs

WHP = 575? (splitting the dif between the 550 and 610)

60ft = 1.5 or 1.6 (again I don't know anything about his car or driving abality but based on the comments a 1.5 60ft seems fair ;) )

1/4 E.T. = 10.6xx

1/4 MPH = 127

Sam

Weight = 2700lbs

WHP = 395

60ft = 1.4 or 1.5

1/4 E.T. = 10.8xx

1/4 MPH = 123

Winner = Anthony by a half car length. Either way it sounds like a damn good race especially since they're very different cars. Make suer you update this thread with the results. :D Oh and you should run best 2 outta three just to make sure!

If I cut a 1.4 60's then I will put the car right back on the trailer right after that pass and go home.

If I cut a 1.4 60's then I will put the car right back on the trailer right after that pass and go home.

Lol, why? I'm personally aiming for mid or low 1.5s. I was cutting high 1.5s at NTR, so if D42 comes through, I'll be happy. Although, my rear is now making all sorts of horrible noises now during regular driving. Broken or not, it's retiring after this event :)

It hooks on the street. :)

You got me there :(

Guest Removed
ahahahaha :bangbang:

only thing that matters is you both will get drug around by me come track day....

carry on

bring that turd over here.. i wont even do a burn out, and i bet i walk you...:bangbang:

right now.

Guest Removed
I dont plan on cutting 1.4 60's cause I dont have enough convertor to get it there. I need a 2 step first.

i have a brand new in the box msd 6al box, with the tfi harness(i'll take $150 for), all you would have to do is go buy a 2 step module for it. and wire it up.

or, buy a msd digital 6 box, it has 2 step built in, and a timing retard(pulling 2 to 4* in 3rd gear might help on the big end, ive seen it before)

should have put a trans brake in it, or does it have one?

Guest Removed

2 step with only hold it under what it will foot brake. and a trans brake, locks reverse in, so it alone will hold it at flash speed. thats what the 2 step is for, to hold it right below that while on the brake. now, foot braking it to say 3000 on the 2 step. if the convertor doenst try to pull you through the beams. my 4800 billet convertor holds at 3200 on the street. i set the 2 step and 2600, and let it rip. but no matter how i was launching with the new motor, meant no traction :o

whats the rpm does it start to turn the rear tires foot braking it?