Can a 550rwhp Fbody beat a 395rwhp bmw

Sam1647545489

Track Day = F-Body VS BMW  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

sam check the torque on your lower intake manifold bolts- mine had backed off over several heat cycles.

I retorqued everything as I had the whole top of the motor apart. I found out that the convertor that coan sent me is not the correct one for what I need on my setup right now. So I am making some changes to the car now to compensate for it so I dont have to rip the whole trans back out and switch out the convertor.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hooking up a 50 shot to the car to get it to leave then the spray will turn off as soon as the boost comes on. Spray will be from 3200 to 4000 in first gear only. That is the only way I can get it to leave or else I will be stuck cutting 2.2 60'sc.

Sam

Its all about the hustle....

Spoken like a True Street Racer.

;)

KillJoy

Haha, that is very true, but I got more then enough turbo on the car that I would not need the spray for any more added power. Like said before the spray is to just get the car off the line then it will shut off.

What TC did you get that is doggin you down low? Go crazy high stall?

KillJoy

Well when I talked to Coan I told them I wanted a convertor that is for a car that will make 550rwhp but I ended up making a ton less so the convertor is for a higher hp car and is tighter then I need it to be, had it been alot looser then it would be ok, it just locks up to fast and doesnt let the car get into boost before locking up. So I could take out the trans and send it to coan and get the correct one or just add a small shot to get the car rollin and then let the boost take over. The easier way was with the nitrous for now. When I yank the motor out this winter then I will get the correct convertor.

I retorqued everything as I had the whole top of the motor apart. I found out that the convertor that coan sent me is not the correct one for what I need on my setup right now. So I am making some changes to the car now to compensate for it so I dont have to rip the whole trans back out and switch out the convertor.

You retorqued it after you heat cycled it since the first overhaul? When I put the heads, cam and intake on my old mustang I torqued everything with snap-on torque wrenches and then when I had all sorts of strange issues after I added boost to it I found out that you have to retorque them after it gets hot a few times as they were hardly hand tight and caused a major vacuum/boost leak. Likely not your problem but pretty common on the 5.0 I found out later.

Laters,

Andrew

Well when I talked to Coan I told them I wanted a convertor that is for a car that will make 550rwhp but I ended up making a ton less so the convertor is for a higher hp car and is tighter then I need it to be, had it been alot looser then it would be ok, it just locks up to fast and doesnt let the car get into boost before locking up. So I could take out the trans and send it to coan and get the correct one or just add a small shot to get the car rollin and then let the boost take over. The easier way was with the nitrous for now. When I yank the motor out this winter then I will get the correct convertor.

nitrous on the converter is fun... is it a wet shot? if so watch out for backfires... i bet youll do it a couple times before you get the rpm figured out...

a 50 is fun...100 shot is way better

nitrous on the converter is fun... is it a wet shot? if so watch out for backfires... i bet youll do it a couple times before you get the rpm figured out...

a 50 is fun...100 shot is way better

then just think of when he was spraying a 250 back in the day:cool:

Hey Paul????????

What say you young man

forget this poll crap lets bet i got 10 bucks says sam pulls anthony but atleast a full car or i guess since its at teh track sams got anthony by atleat 3 tenths

that is locked in bitch

sweet! your going down old man

Haha well Anthony lost due to a red light. Had he not red lighted and my cars intake pipe stayed on, I would of had to make up 1.5 cars by 1/2 track. Dunno if I would of done it or not but I would of liked to see if I could of.

It wasn't a 100% race, had I red-lighted or not.

I would have liked to see his full potential, but we all know shit happens.

Sam, thanks for the run and thanks for being cool. It's all in good fun and we can do it again come spring :)

It wasn't a 100% race, had I red-lighted or not.

I would have liked to see his full potential, but we all know shit happens.

Sam, thanks for the run and thanks for being cool. It's all in good fun and we can do it again come spring :)

Being cool about what? You are lucky I didnt get out of the car and punch you square in the face for making me look bad. ;) Nah it was all good. Had a great time and I am really surprised on the mph my car was doin. Like I said we will have it out again next year. And now that the race is over, the car made 395 rwhp on 11ish pounds of boost. I might of been running 18-19 on our pass. :D And the spray was a 50 shot but didnt come on.

I knew you were boosting more on the street :D

It's cool, I'm finally gonna ditch this baby blower over the winter and go E85 ;)

Oh, and I told you I could launch now...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/lt1wagner/Dragway%2042%20Track%20Day/IMG_4299.jpg

That was a weak 1.75 60' on my part :p