2.3T 400hp :)

Dan1647545506

started it beginning of the summer but i got distraced from being on a arca race team. here was pics from the beginning of the year.everything is apart and im waiting on weisco pistons and crower rods. the block and head were tanked, so everything is clean :) goal is 400hp. trying to find a mustang roller but im broke till i sell my saleen rims.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/DanM7890/002-7.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/DanM7890/003-7.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/DanM7890/004-7.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw the mustang buy my rx7, i had a 2.3t in it and my turborust has a running/driving one, its the shit, and the swap kit is only $250 and it bolts right in.

I'll make you a badass deal on the parts plus the rx7 and custom driveshaft.....handle better than the mustang and is clean, try finding a clean fox shell... :D doooo it.

food for thought....

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/Car%20Pictures/DSCN2233.jpg

more pictures on my photobucket,

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/BAM614_Cobra/Car%20Pictures/?action=view&current=DSCN2233.jpg&newest=1

i know nothing about the rx7 swap. can u use a WC t5? is that what the driveshaft is for. what about the electronics. ill prob use a MS setup since i would like it tuned properly being that much hp.

ROB at gearheads Im sure could do any wiring for you if you cant... He is going through a 5.0 one right now on a rx-7...

And a 2.3t rx-7 would be much cooler than a mustang 2.3t

yes, you use the t5, and that is what the driveshaft is for as well. It's super easy, i literally had this thing bolted in in 30 minutues flat, fits nice in there and suprisingly a lot of space to work with. I think derek had to change either 4 or 6 pins on the wiring, and that was it, because the rx7 has a separate body harness and the merkur harness is the separate engine harness. Just provide power to both (battery) and you're good to go.

replied to your pm btw

Is that an HX35 I see? I'm planning on running the H1c on a 2.3t, pretty much the same thing. Do think that manifold will support the weight? I've heard of those ebay ones breaking. I'd imagine you'd brace it though. I'm designing a twin scroll setup as far as the manifold goes to take advantage of the divided exhaust housing. I'm planning on dropping the swap into an RX7, already have the mounts and all. Looking for an acceptable shell, as the one i had fell through. Easily found for cheap, as rotaries = fail haha.

2.3T's are slow.. I suggest headwork and big valves if you running a holset.. my t3 .68 doesnt full spool till like 3600 on a stock head with boport cam

Full spool to what psi? Us honda guys are happy to have full spool at 10psi by 3600 with a t3/t4 setup similar in size. Although, stock rev limit is at what, 6200 on the 2.3t?

22ish right now and 6500 rpms.. i'm gonna go mass air this winter I think and have Dyno Brian tune it then rev it closer to 7k. the cam I put in is a 4k-7500k power band I need to get an adj gear on it and dial it down about 500 rpms. It runs and runs damn strong but its real primitive tuning with a vain air meter.

Full spool to what psi? Us honda guys are happy to have full spool at 10psi by 3600 with a t3/t4 setup similar in size. Although, stock rev limit is at what, 6200 on the 2.3t?

Yes, that's the rev limit, or damn close, and i'm pretty sure he's running 20-21lbs, it fuckin hits hard, lots of fun.

edit, derek posted at same time,...ghey

im not just throwing this togeather, im not going to do shit twice. ill pay to get the engine built right the first time. yes i have studs already. i was going to p&p the stock one at school but got lazy, i had a 1035 for it. but since the new head i want is alum i need a diff gasket.

any pics of the stang?

You make 400whp on what you have pictured there and a stock long block and I'll give you $2.

Good luck. My ass flows more air than a 2.3.

ok ill give u my paypal addy.

weisco pistons

crower rods

60-70 injectors

stock crank

hx35 turbo

svo head

boport cam

bunch of other goodies...

well see :)

Guest Removed
You make 400whp on what you have pictured there and a stock long block and I'll give you $2.

Good luck. My ass flows more air than a 2.3.

tell that to Mike Morgan.

weisco pistons

crower rods

60-70 injectors

stock crank

hx35 turbo

svo head

boport cam

bunch of other goodies...

well see :)

Pistons and Rods do not make for a stock long block chief.

And-I know what they are capable of-I tuned a Bobcat with a stock head-mild port, knife edged intake to 405whp. Took 2 Million psi of boost to get the POS motor to do anything, but we made it happen.

With the DOHC Volvo head-it made 430whp at only 25psi on the same turbo, a BIG improvement.

NEWS FLASH- I do more than just mitsubishi. ;)_

Pistons and Rods do not make for a stock long block chief.

And-I know what they are capable of-I tuned a Bobcat with a stock head-mild port, knife edged intake to 405whp. Took 2 Million psi of boost to get the POS motor to do anything, but we made it happen.

With the DOHC Volvo head-it made 430whp at only 25psi on the same turbo, a BIG improvement.

NEWS FLASH- I do more than just mitsubishi. ;)_

nowhere does it say im going to do 400hp on a stock long block. im well aware what that consists of. read before posting usless shit

nowhere does it say im going to do 400hp on a stock long block. im well aware what that consists of. read before posting usless shit

I understand that-but why would you follow up this

With This?

I really dont care either way- Good luck with your build.