NASA? Found this interesting

Clifford Automotive

have not launched yet but done testing with. they are supposed to do a launch sometime still this year.

Saw the videos of their test out in the desert (1st stage I think), pretty wicked. They are out there on the tubes if you search.

Edit: Eric beat me to it. Sounds like you've probably seen them too, but maybe other people will want to watch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the rock throwing come up with anything useful? And how/why did we just happen to have a satellite that close to the moon to begin with?

For the video? I believe they sent that in purposely behind it to capture the imagery and data. If that is your question...

For the video? I believe they sent that in purposely behind it to capture the imagery and data. If that is your question...

The satellite recording the crash was the vehicle that hit the moon. It was a two part vehicle. The one with the camera hit last.

Oh and the satellite was orbiting the moon for a long time doing surveys. It was at the end of its usefulness and since I think it was an Indian science team that discovered small amounts of water on the moon a few weeks ago, NASA was attempting to "one up" them by confirming whether there was more than just trace H2O particles via smashing the satellite into the moon hoping to penetrate enough to stir up more water.

bwa hahaha i getting neg rep for this thread. good stuff!

NASA? Found this... 9th October 2009 08:37 AM D-Bag!!

NASA? Found this... 9th October 2009 08:28 AM wrong, you will find out sooner or alter, hopefully it wont be later

i am so loved.

I positive repped ya

Saw the videos of their test out in the desert (1st stage I think), pretty wicked. They are out there on the tubes if you search.

Yup, done in my back yard too (well, figuratively, it was on the other side of the mountain anyhow)

Anyhow, I had nothing more to add other than I watched the live broadcast of this and was disappointed at the lack of seeing anything. I haven't searched youtube yet but are there any third party camera's that captured anything? Watching the camera go in and out of IR, then watching as the screen went blank upon impact was just lame, especially with the slow sampling rate they used for the video. I wanted to see some fucking impact and cloud from hell.... but got nothing.

Yup, done in my back yard too (well, figuratively, it was on the other side of the mountain anyhow)

Anyhow, I had nothing more to add other than I watched the live broadcast of this and was disappointed at the lack of seeing anything. I haven't searched youtube yet but are there any third party camera's that captured anything? Watching the camera go in and out of IR, then watching as the screen went blank upon impact was just lame, especially with the slow sampling rate they used for the video. I wanted to see some fucking impact and cloud from hell.... but got nothing.

Yeah NASA has about the lamest frame rate of anything I've ever seen. You'd think that even though its a few "light minutes" to get data from the moon to here you could at least have a constant stream so that your recieving high quality data that is just delayed a few minutes.

Oh well I guess its not in the budget.

How big is this satelite for people to think it can break the moon? We dropped a fucking atom bomb on our own planet and it didnt break.

Very true the vehicle had no fuel, no explosives, and wasn't built to take an impact at all. Just a device made of the lightest materials we have on earth and the only difficult conditions it was built for was simply the temperature changes that occur in space.