Blue Screening Vista. (sysadmins inside)

AWW$HEEET

I have a few users with Vista, who are all starting to get frequent blue screens of death (2-3 times a day). The common link between all these are, they were all hired around the same date, and computers came on the same purchase order, about exactly one year ago...

Is there any reason you can think of, that would be causing this?

I have a few users with Vista, who are all starting to get frequent blue screens of death (2-3 times a day). The common link between all these are, they were all hired around the same date, and computers came on the same purchase order, about exactly one year ago...

Is there any reason you can think of, that would be causing this?

Windows 7 is about to be out on the 22nd, and Micro$oft wants your money.

Mine was doing that a week or so ago for a couple of days when I was burning movies. Didn't matter which movie or which of my 3 drives I was using.

Then it went away and hasn't done it since. I know a Windows update was done after that, but I didn't look to see if that was/wasn't the problem.

At this point, I just need to get another hard drive to backup my Blu Ray files so I can format my RAID and go Windows 7 on it, as my other drive is full. :( You'd think over a Terabyte would be plenty of space, but somehow its not.

should I be the one that says macs are better?

No they're not. If it's a hardware issue, Mac's are the exact same parts inside as any other computer. :p

Vista does suck, but I agree with running a few hardware diagnostics. Hell the machines might have a full diagnostic partition on-board. Call your manufacturer.