Ruger P95?

Bam

Vance's has them on sale new for $290 w/ 2 15rd mags, case, and gun lock. I got to hold it today and the guy showed me how to tear it down to clean it, its retarted simple, even for a first timer having never done it.

Are all guns this easy to tear down?

Are these good guns? Reviews have been pretty steady I see.

But yeah, $290 doesn't seem like a bad deal when the S&W police trade ins are $250 used w/ only one mag.

Anyone have experience with shooting them? It's a lot lighter and a hair shorter than the police issue guns I checked out also, but the guy at the counter said they are reliable and don't have much kick.

I liked it, just wanted to hear some opinions and maybe even fire one before laying down the cash.

Or if anyone knows what they go for used, I'd appreciate it.

Sweet,thanks guys, just looking for a first handgun and i did like it. Not looking to carry it, mainly to shoot atthe range and for a gun at home, just in case.

Looks like I'll be picking one up this weekend.

Is $290 a good price? I'mhappy with the value,but just want to make sure i'mnot over paying.

The P95 is a fine pistol. I have carried one for about a year and a half, goes right inside the waistband nicely. Hell I've carried a P91 which is far chunkier for 4 years now. I got mine off a fellow board member in like new shape for $250, with a case and a few mags. $290 seems pretty solid new, but you may be able to find one slightly used for a bit cheaper. Definately get yourself to the range, put a case through it and get some instruction maybe.

I've found the P95's to be soft shooting, accurate enough, and extremely reliable. The trigger pull kinda sucks, and the safety is a push -up-to-fire, which is counterintuitive. If you're coming from a 1911 family you need to retrain before you get caught with that one. Still, great pistol for under $300 though.

They are pretty good guns and that is a good price. One of my friends that I normally go to the range with has one and it is a great shooter. He has had problems with the recoil spring breaking, but you never notice it until you break it down to clean. He has called Ruger about it and they sell him a pack of 3 of them for like $0.50.

They are pretty good guns and that is a good price. One of my friends that I normally go to the range with has one and it is a great shooter. He has had problems with the recoil spring breaking, but you never notice it until you break it down to clean. He has called Ruger about it and they sell him a pack of 3 of them for like $0.50.

Thanks for the input, is that the spring that you take out when cleaning? There were only 2 parts inside he showed me how to remove, which I like for simplicity.

For a first gun I think it'll be good, plus I don't really want to spend a ton, but I'm sure I'll pick up something else down the line as well.