Modifing/Repainting a shotgun v. help needed.

Ramsey

I've tried to find a barrel, does the barrel have to be a springfield?

Yeah, I'm not 100% on the Springfields, but I know a Remington and a Mossberg don't swap over parts. But your shotgun looks almost identical to an ithaca. I'd say do a little back ground check on the shotgun itself, but an Ithaca set up MIGHT actually work on it.

Ithaca 37

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/ithaca37hs.jpg

Looks somewhat similar in nature from your picture.

My 870 used to be a 28" Shot Barrel.

I cut the Barrel to 18 1/4". Just in case Johney Law's tape Measure is a little off ;) That Length is from the Barrel Installed in the Receiver.

I used Brownells Bake on finish. It has held up very well.

Good Luck!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Yeah, I'm not 100% on the Springfields, but I know a Remington and a Mossberg don't swap over parts. But your shotgun looks almost identical to an ithaca. I'd say do a little back ground check on the shotgun itself, but an Ithaca set up MIGHT actually work on it.

Ithaca 37

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/ithaca37hs.jpg

Looks somewhat similar in nature from your picture.

OH, the pic is a google image... sorry for the confusion. Its says springfield model 67 series e on the side.

My 870 used to be a 28" Shot Barrel.

I cut the Barrel to 18 1/4". Just in case Johney Law's tape Measure is a little off ;) That Length is from the Barrel Installed in the Receiver.

I used Brownells Bake on finish. It has held up very well.

Good Luck!

KillJoy

How did you cut it?

How did you cut it?

A Hacksaw. I then used a grinding ball that was bugger then the bore to smooth the inside of the cut. A good fine cut file smothed up the outside. Finally, some 400 grit sand paper smoothed both.

It goes without saying, but do not do this on a rifled barrel...

KillJoy

After poking around on Gunbroker, it looks like that is yet another product of Stevens/Savage that's been rebadged. It also appears to not be worth anything.

thats kinda what i found. I will be hacking and blasting soon enough. :cool:

Modification is your only route. My suggestion would be to find another junker if you can, though. Those aren't quite collectible, but they are getting harder to find. IF you want to professionally modify it, pm me. I know just the guy to do it and he's awfully cheap for his services.

the way johny law measures your barrel is by with the bolt shut and inserts a dowel rod down the barrel go 18.5 to be safe or go 14 with a aow tax stamp for 5 bucks last time i checked.

If you leave the stock on it, then it's a SBS, which is $200.

the way johny law measures your barrel is by with the bolt shut and inserts a dowel rod down the barrel go 18.5 to be safe or go 14 with a aow tax stamp for 5 bucks last time i checked.

If you leave the stock on it, then it's a SBS, which is $200.

wat??

We're talking about NFA (National Firearms Act) weapons. i.e. short barrel shotguns/rifles, suppressors, 'machine guns', etc.

They require special payments and rules.

Basically, ignore us.

lol, you guys are cereal bout your guns.

Keep your Springfield as is and just buy a shotty with a shorter barrel. Springfields aren't rare YET, but they are getting harder to find and beginning to appreciate in value.

Besides which, with a few exceptions, it's almost always better to buy a gun with barrel/mechanism you want rather than modifying your current gun. ARs are one of the exceptions, but only because they are basically modular to begin with.

Keep your Springfield as is and just buy a shotty with a shorter barrel. Springfields aren't rare YET, but they are getting harder to find and beginning to appreciate in value.

Besides which, with a few exceptions, it's almost always better to buy a gun with barrel/mechanism you want rather than modifying your current gun. ARs are one of the exceptions, but only because they are basically modular to begin with.

i will trade the springfield for an 870 or will sell it outright for 300.