My s10 keeps dying on me

Browning

Fuel pump went out a few weeks ago, well, I'm pretty sure it was the pump. Replaced it, all was well for a couple of days. Sat idling in McDonalds drive thru for about 15 minutes one day and it was fine, when I pulled out I got stuck at a red light and the fucker dies. Couldn't get it to start so some guy pushed me into a parking lot with his Dodge lol. Sat there for 10 minutes and it finally started. Drove home fine without any problems(5 miles or so).

It's been sitting since and I decided to mess with it a little bit today. Fired up and seems to be running good. Bot sure why but I decided to pull the breather off of it while it was running and noticed that one of the injectors is spraying pretty heavy at idle. The other one looks pretty normal.

Uploading a video to youtube now so when it's done processing I'll post it here. Could it be slowly flooding itself and that's why it shuts off every now and then and doesn't start back up right away? I'm lost on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UQxBBH3mk

Some people were telling it's probably the fuel pump relay or some module on the distributor?

did you replace the filter?

i replaced the pump on my gp and then had this problem and the fucker would die in the middle of the road, then after sitting for a few i could start it back it. ended up being a plugged up fuel filter.

did you replace the filter?

i replaced the pump on my gp and then had this problem and the fucker would die in the middle of the road, then after sitting for a few i could start it back it. ended up being a plugged up fuel filter.

changed it last year around this time when I replaced the old fuel pump. Didn't do it this time though. It's a bitch on these

if one injector is not spraying right, then there's a issue there.

it looks like its dripping fuel...internal leak more or less

Need to look and see if I still have parts left from when I got that piece from you. Pretty sure it had the injectors with it.

Could you see that being my shutoff problem?

Guest Removed

if the injector is having a internal issue, yes. due to it can make the quad driver in the ecm work harder and cause it to die out.

when it doesnt want to restart, is it spraying fuel then?

if the injector is having a internal issue, yes. due to it can make the quad driver in the ecm work harder and cause it to die out.

when it doesnt want to restart, is it spraying fuel then?

to be honest I have no clue. Been kinda nervous about driving it since the last couple times I did it was towed back. Hasn't stalled on me in the driveway. Hopefully I still have an injector here, if so, I'm just going to swap it out and then drive it.

so umm I had to turn the ignition on for a minute and it filled the TB with fuel(injectors are out) and soaked my intake manifold. All the gas drained down through the TB. Should I be worried about this? It completely filled the TB lol

Guest Removed
so umm I had to turn the ignition on for a minute and it filled the TB with fuel(injectors are out) and soaked my intake manifold. All the gas drained down through the TB. Should I be worried about this? It completely filled the TB lol

id say let it air out,and change the oil....and dont so that again :gtfo:

if you have a fuel pressure test port try pressing that when it dies to see if you have fuel pressure before proceeding to diagnose other systems.

tbi dont have a test port normally... they make a adapter thats puts one where the fuel filter is

None of the yards would sell me an injector so I soaked mine in carb/choke cleaner for a few hours. Changed the oil, got the filter on, a new starter and everything back together. Seems fine so far. Added a bottle of injector cleaner to the tank as well even though I don't like using shit like that lol

Filter was full of nasty shit. Hope it's fixed for a while now